Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Challenger Hellcat a couple months ago and must say it is probably for me the best car i have ever had, it is such a fun comfortable car to drive. lots of room for me ( 6'4" and 300# )
crazy power even better brakes, great stereo. really like the air condition comfortable seats. just a great all around car.
really nice navigation screen that is easy to see

BUT

Whos the moron who decided that it would be a good idea to give drivers a weather alert, that pops up on the screen all the f in time and doesn't go away until you touch ok on the screen, and they just keep coming all day long , really do i need an alert for places 150 miles away all the time.

After a couple of days driving around i was over it and went thru the menus trying to find out how to disable the alerts, couldn't find anything so what the hell open the manual, still nothing. so go online and find a lot of posts about it and no way to disable the damn thing

WTF

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts
Turn off the radio, open the windows and enjoy the engine and exhaust sounds.
I wonder if the dealers scan machine can access settings you're not able to select from.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,709 Posts
Been discussed before, apparently no way to turn off once Sirius/XM has been enabled. I actually have had some heat warnings pop up last few weekends. Other than that, set location for the SF Bay Area, and we have Goldilocks weather here most of the time ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
515 Posts
I dunno, I really needed the surf report from the beach two hours away while driving to work at 5 AM yesterday.

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts
Wow, when I bought my car satellite was a single year subscription. Maybe call Sirius and see if they can alter the feed.

·
Registered
15,063 Posts
The radio is still one year but the travel link is 5 years and looks like that's where the alerts cone from.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,709 Posts
Indeed, the 5 year travel link. They should in theory be able to disable it for you, but I'm sure if you asked them to, they'd have no clue. A Guy

·
Registered
188 Posts
Indeed, the 5 year travel link. They should in theory be able to disable it for you, but I'm sure if you asked them to, they'd have no clue. A Guy
I had to cancel the entire Sirius/XM. They claim they can't just cancel the travel alerts. (yeah, right) It did fix it however.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Just another reason why I bought the 2014 model. Simple old school dash board without all the TESLA type high tech BS. I never use the voice activation for the radio......guess what....it don't work anyway! I use my ipod with all MY favorite music, all the time.:clap:

Reactions: Darkover

·
Registered
346 Posts
Simple solution...just install a radio without nav. Of course that seems kinda silly but the non-nav radios do not get the alerts. At least mine does not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts