Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although this has been discussed a number of times in different threads I have decided to post my install.

You can order the kit directly from Web Electric or a board supporting vendor.

Normally it takes an 1 to 2 hours depending on your skills.

Tools

Normal hand tools, a panel tool and a #20 Torx bit.

What's in the box?

Everything you need to do the install including tie wraps and a Lifesaver mint.

How To

Following the instructions you start by removing the right and left taillights.

To do this you take off the cover panel with panel tool.

Next remove the panel covering the back of the trunk. This makes it easier to finish removing the taillights and you will need this space open later to install the phone cord and connecting cord from the taillights in the trunk lid. Use the panel tool to remove the 5 scrivets that hold the panel on.

Next remove the plastic nut that holds the taillight panel cover on. Now pull the panel back and you will see another plastic nut and the connection to the taillight.

Remove the connector by releasing the orange retainer, just hook your finger nail on the edge and push/pull. Now press on the back part of the connector and pull it off the taillight. Remove the plastic nut and you can remove the taillight.

Now repeat for the other side. Once you have the taillights out, follow the instructions to add in the new socket and tape up the unused one.

Now reinstall the taillights.... Following the instructions you will install the sequencers and phone cord.
Note - if you leave the phone cord disconnected at one end the brake lights and hazards will sequence. This may be ILLEGAL in some locations.

Do to limitations on the total images that can be posted I will finish this install in parts. Part 2 the trunk lid lights to follow.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I wish I had seen this before I did my install.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Thanks for the above pics Hemi57 - will be doing this install later today.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Why did web electric give an extra socket for each side, or why is the stock one still being used? cheers w

·
Super Moderator
16,469 Posts
Hi Why did web electric give an extra socket for each side, or why is the stock one still being used? cheers w
The OEM L / R tail lamp fixture has the sockets hard-wired to the fixture in parallel (the body harness plugs in to a socket on the fixture).

The way this is bypassed for a sequential turn signal is to provide another socket wired independently so the sequencing from center bar to end has 4 independently triggered sockets.

This avoids having to cut into stock harnesses, simplifying the installation and allows returning back to stock if so desired.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had to dig a bit to find part 2, so I thought I'd throw up the link here in this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts