Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a HIGH quality kit the instructions are awesome and very easy to install.

Took me about 1 hour because Im just anal with running wiring etc I need it to look OEM as possible.

Hardest part is removing the middle section and that damn grommet other then that this is a true plug and play kit.

Awesome kit guys I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im having a small issue with the kit as the day progressed, the right side when the hazards are on sequences sometimes where the left blinks and the left side sequences smoother the right side, called and left an email for some tech support.

Also im getting a blink once on both sides and then they start to sequence when turned left or right from the blinker post.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I'm pretty dumb when it comes to installing things. I have a mess on my hands. Is there anyone in South Carolina willing to install these for a fee?
Thanks for your help,,

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
NYCSRTATE,

Did you get your problem resolved with this product?

Thanks,
Steve
Yes I did was not the kit was the cars electronics and the tech support from Lawrence is second to none.

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to installing things. I have a mess on my hands. Is there anyone in South Carolina willing to install these for a fee?
Thanks for your help,,
It is VERY easy to install this kit you dont have to know wiring just how to follow instructions and the instructions are insanely easy.

Taking the tail lights off the car is the hardest part not the wiring.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Yes I did was not the kit was the cars electronics and the tech support from Lawrence is second to none.

It is VERY easy to install this kit you dont have to know wiring just how to follow instructions and the instructions are insanely easy.

Taking the headlights off the car is the hardest part not the wiring.
Darn, if I have to take of the headlights, I'm never gonna try it...:scratchhead:

(I hope you meant taillights) :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Do the Front lights sequence too?! This thing must look like a frikkin Polish ambulance coming at you!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Can you adjust the speed that the lights advance? I saw a video on youtube and it seemed to flash too fast.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I installed mine today with the help of my wife. I think it took us around 2 and a half hours and a 12 pack of beer.
I think they work and look great. The hardest part for us was having to wire up the truck release since we ended up getting the wrong kit but their "Web Electric" customer service was excellent and worked with us step by step to make it work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Turn signals....

Hurst 41; they are not adjustable, wish they were, the do flash too fast.

Installing the system: No hard at all, you do need to know how to read instructions and not be in a hurry. All WebElectronics products have downloadable instructions, so, you can look before you order. If you feel it's too hard, I would think you could get a stereo install shop to do the install for you. I would guess about 1-1/2 to 2 hrs. labor charge. Labor rates very from area to area. I would guess the job would cost somewhere between 75.00 and 150.00 bucks.

The worst part of the install was pulling the center part of the taillight assembly off the car.

Hope this helps.

If you live in the Los Angeles area, I would be willing to give you a hand. You would need to come to Northridge.

Good Luck.

Steve

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Hurst 41; they are not adjustable, wish they were, the do flash too fast.

Installing the system: No hard at all, you do need to know how to read instructions and not be in a hurry. All WebElectronics products have downloadable instructions, so, you can look before you order. If you feel it's too hard, I would think you could get a stereo install shop to do the install for you. I would guess about 1-1/2 to 2 hrs. labor charge. Labor rates very from area to area. I would guess the job would cost somewhere between 75.00 and 150.00 bucks.

The worst part of the install was pulling the center part of the taillight assembly off the car.

Hope this helps.

If you live in the Los Angeles area, I would be willing to give you a hand. You would need to come to Northridge.

Good Luck.

Steve

Darn, are you planning to move to South Carolina anytime soon? I can't find any one to help me with it. I do thank you for the tips. It seems it would be good to have an extra pair of hands to 'remove the tail lights' etc.
In my case, I need an extra pair of brains. I'm afraid I'll really mess things up. Oh well, some day....
Happy Easter!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Morpar10:

Just break it down to 3 sections, Left lights, right lights then center...plug it all in and tie wrap the wires....

Read the instructions a few times and it will all come together..

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Darn, if I have to take of the headlights, I'm never gonna try it...:scratchhead:

(I hope you meant taillights) :)
Do the Front lights sequence too?! This thing must look like a frikkin Polish ambulance coming at you!
Meant tail lights sorry about that.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Well, I've got the instructions memorized but have a couple questions.
Will it help if I sit in the trunk to do this? (with the trunk open)
Will I need some one or a box to rest the taillight assembly on?
Are all the pictures oriented from looking up under the lights or backward from sitting it the open trunk?

I hope you guys will stop laughing at me. I've been a lot of places and done a lot of things more important than this but I'm not remotely familiar with an install like this. Thanks for all your encouragement. If I ever get it in, beer is on me...:guiness:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Turn Signal Install...

I did not get in the trunk, the lights are on the outside of the car. The only time i wished i has a 2nd set of hands was when i removed the center section, you really have to pull hard to get it to release, so hard that you think you might break it.

If your a really small person, it might be easier to tie wrap the cables from inside the trunk.

All light clusters unplug from the car. So, they are easy to work on.

Use the instructions when you have the center section out of the car, look at the picture and position the center light section to match the picture. That way you will not get the wiring harness mixed up and have some strange light show.

Really, this project should only take you 1 to 1 and a half hrs to do.

I know your nervous. There is no cutting of wires, just running wires and moving light bulbs around. It's kinda fun. You will feel really good once it's done.

Plan B Take the instructions to you nearest Stereo or repair shop and ask how much to install it.

Good luck, and may the force be with you! (LOL)

Steve

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
What city in SC ?
Here's a video of installed..effect,

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Nice looking result on a beautiful car.
I just got an appointment with some one here to install them soon.
Thanks everyone but I just don't want to possibly mess up a nice car.
Be Careful out there,,

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice looking result on a beautiful car.
I just got an appointment with some one here to install them soon.
Thanks everyone but I just don't want to possibly mess up a nice car.
Be Careful out there,,
If you were closer I would throw it in for you.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Well, I finally got a 'pro' installer to put the sequential taillights in. So far, they are great!! I just wish I could see them.....
Thanks for your help and advice guys. I love 'em, no Challenger should go without them. :) :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts