Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,
I've been on the hunt for a Challenger and have been monitoring a dealer's website that I linked up through Official Dodge Site - New Autos, Trucks, Minivans, SUVs, Cars, Wagons... (funny! I put in www. dodge. com)
...today I see a price with discounts listed that piqued my interest,
so I stopped by the dealer to check it out.
Well, the dealer's GM says the price on the website is wrong and brought
up a similar website that he says they control and the discount was considerably less.
So, the questions I have are:
Does Chrysler override the dealer on something like this? i.e. would Chrysler operate a dealer's website and advertise prices and discounts that the dealer would be obliged to honor?
OR, am I just barking up the wrong tree and must accept "prices subject to change without notice" and let the dealer have the final say without argument?

·
Banned
557 Posts
Yeah, I think it's pretty cut & dry. Either they will play ball and honor the price or take your business elsewhere. There are lots of hungry dealers that want and will earn your business.

·
Registered
105 Posts
From what I understand, dealer's are free to charge whatever they want - regardless of what the Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price is set at. I've been told that MSRP is only a suggestion and is not binding to the dealer.

I've often seen dealers tack on extra cost and give it it all kinds of names i.e. market adjustment, regional adjustment, etc. :icon_evil:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Yep, no matter what you want, or what you carry in to show them the dealership is going to sell that car at the price they want, and not a $1 less.

That said, that's the beauty of AutoTrader, the Dodge new car locator, and the internet in general. You find a more amenable dealer.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I see your from california. Search back a day or two on this forum. Some one put up an ad from a dealer in california that they were selling SRT's for $36,000 and RT's for $27,000

Go buy from them and then take your new car and the sale bill back to the dealership your with now and show them your good fortune.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
466 Posts
You should try calling Dodge's Customer Service. I had a slight issue with my Challenger and dealer when I first purchased it, gave Dodge Customer Service a call where the situation was clarified and resolved. They then hounded me with three addition calls the next week to make sure the issue was resolved and to my satisfaction. On the last call they confirmed I was happy with the resolution and asked permission to close "the case".

I was surprised to have such a pleasant experience with Dodge corporate headquarters and their customer service. 1.800.423.6343

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
...the dealer's GM says the price on the website is wrong ...
Not surprising. When I was shopping I David Stanley Dodge (Midwest City, Oklahoma) had a price for a specific car on their website. When I got there they quoted the same price but when I agreed to the price they jacked it $5,000 over the website and agreed price. Website was a lie, the salesman was a liar and the general manager was a liar.

Fowler Dodge, Oklahoma City, same story. Had a Challenger listed at 0% interest. I called and they said it wasn't their website. After some conversation they agreed it was their website and offered me 0% on a mini-van.

Automax Dodge, Shawnee (Oklahoma). I called and specifically asked if they had "market adjustments" or any similar BS. They said no, they didn't do that and the negotiations started at MSRP or below. I drive there and get greeted with a $10,000 "over MSRP market adjustment".

There seems to be a lot of Dodge dealerships that couldn't tell the truth if their livelihoods depended on it.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Go to where I purchased my Challenger. Warning, they won't sell a vehicle over the phone, but it's certainly worth the trip.

Northwest Jeep Chrysler Dodge
10600 SW Canyon Road
Beaverton, OR 97005
(503) 646-5111
Open Mon & Sat 6:30am-6pm, Tue-Fri 6:30am-10pm

Check out their ad...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts