Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into ceramic coatings and since I'm a fan of Chemical Guys products, I decided to give the Chemical Guys Carbon Flex C9 coating a try.

I started the process by washing the car, clay barring the entire car, then washing it again. Next, all of the plastic and rubber trim was taped of in preparation for polishing with the buffer. After performing an inspection with a led light I found that I didn't have any swirls or scratches but there were water spots etched into the clear coat. I used CGs V36 medium cut polish to remove the water spots followed by V38 light cut polish. Also, all glass surfaces were polished with V36.

In preparation for applying the C9 coating, a product named Eraser by Car Pros was sprayed and wiped off of all surfaces. Eraser is essentially an IPA that removes oils and waxes from the polishes.

Next, the C9 coating was applied and buffed off flowing the instructions. The C9 was applied to all painted surfaces, the vinyl stripes, all glass surfaces, and the mirrors of the outside rear view mirrors.

Here's the results.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a short video of testing the hydrophobic properties of Carbon Flex C9 24 hours after application.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,996 Posts
If the car sits in the rain, you come out to beads of water. Start the car and make a turn and all the water rolls off. It's the coolest thing. I was caught in a rainstorm coming home one day, proverbial cats and dogs. After it stopped, about 5 minutes later the car was not only completely dry, it looked as if it has been washed. Got to love a good coating ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
This is all new to me, I will have to do some homework on this stuff.

I have always waxed my cars and I guess I just don't know any better, as you know when it rains the water forms little beads all over the car and becomes a dust magnet which in turn drives me nuts. I am scared to take my clean car out in the rain because I know it mean I will need to clean it again after... I hate cleaning cars almost as much as I hate having a unloved looking car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts