Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was sitting here looking at my shipping papers from the Mopar 10 I got and it says SHIPPING WEIGHT 3977 pounds????

·
Registered
105 Posts
Don't they ship full of all fluids with the exception of only 8 gallons of gas?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
they gotta have oil, coolant, trans fluid and some gas when moving them around to ship them, dont they? or do they wheel them around on dollys or something?

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Yep, mine was 3936 once I got it. Now it's in the high 3800s

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, I wanted a stripped down model on purpose for this reason. It has no sirius radio, steering wheel controlls, sunroof, heated seats blahblahblah. Its basically a base BASE model. I guess the 2 strut tower braces and Katskin leather bring it up by about 20-30 pounds. LOL. Now I know why my 10 feels just as fast as my stock SRT8 Charger. If i remember correctly my Charger was right at 4200 or more.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Gas weighs 6.216 pounds per gallon, so add another 15 gallons and you'd add another 93 pounds.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gas weighs 6.216 pounds per gallon, so add another 15 gallons and you'd add another 93 pounds.
This is true but its still lighter than I thought even with a full tank. I wish I could get a 2011 SRT stripped down but I dont think they let you do that. I really dont care about all the bells and whistles. I just want a mygig and EVIC controlls but NOTHING ELSE.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
This is true but its still lighter than I thought even with a full tank. I wish I could get a 2011 SRT stripped down but I dont think they let you do that. I really dont care about all the bells and whistles. I just want a mygig and EVIC controlls but NOTHING ELSE.
Ah, go ahead - do it. Grab that Mopar 10 on ebay. You need another for 'comparison tests'. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, go ahead - do it. Grab that Mopar 10 on ebay. You need another for 'comparison tests'. :bigthumb:

LOL, yeah, my SRT8 Charger is back to bone stock and ready to trade in. There is a dealer in the Tampa FL area that has 4 Mopar 10's in stock!! Im still on the fence on getting the IE 392 Challenger or wait for the 2012 Charger SRT's to come out.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Yep, mine was 3936 once I got it. Now it's in the high 3800s
what weight reduction have you done Chris? i'm pretty sure that MBRP system weighs less than the factory...anything else?

the only "luxury" option that i picked when i ordered my r/t was leather, and the 20" wheels for the looks. i had to have leather. i wonder how much mine weighs...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
what weight reduction have you done Chris? i'm pretty sure that MBRP system weighs less than the factory...anything else?

the only "luxury" option that i picked when i ordered my r/t was leather, and the 20" wheels for the looks. i had to have leather. i wonder how much mine weighs...

If you want to weigh your car......find a scrap yard in your area with a scale. Lots of them have them because they weigh semi's that drop off scrap or haul it out. Sometimes if you're real nice and maybe let them sit in the seat, they'll weigh it for free!

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
MBRP exhuast chopped off a good bit of weight, changing to shortys, and going with catless mids.. BUT I do have 20s now, not sure how much of a difference in wieght there is lol
Thinking about getting some skinnies for the track though, that should net me close to a tenth if not a tenth in the 1/4

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
So I was sitting here looking at my shipping papers from the Mopar 10 I got and it says SHIPPING WEIGHT 3977 pounds????
My 6sp checked in at 4001 lbs on the invoice.
Either because the 6sp is heavier or because the car cover & floor mats were in the trunk ;)
Ya I know... the car cover in the box is only 12lbs (I weighed it)

Anyway... did you get both shipping notices?
That one is from Windsor TO the Dealer... The other one would be to Windsor FROM the Plant
Between the 2 you can figure out how long your car was in Mopar Upgrade Hell.
Personally I don't trust the weights, as both invoices show 4001, despite all the stuff added at Windsor
Like the front & rear struts, CAI, the Airbox, maybe even the seats themselves. It would seem it should be at least 5-10lbs different.

Mine 1st notice to Windsor shows 10/5/2010 then (17days later) 2nd to Dealer on 10/22/2010 (official "Date of Birth")
I also noticed your VON is 24068606 about 4200 before my 24072811 but your VIN is over 17,000 later.
More proof numbers were pretty random.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah my build date was mid september but the car didnt get delivered to the dealer until dec 24. It sat around for a while. LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wonder if the Heritage wheels are lighter than the Chrome clads? Due to the alum. vs the steel
Both styles of wheel are aluminum. The reason they did chrome clad is because chromed steel is really god damn heavy. I wouldn't be surprised to see some difference in weight between them though. The "chrome" is chromed plastic, bonded to aluminum.

My chromed steel Grand National wheels, that have been stretched an inch to 15X8, are very, very heavy. So heavy that I think i'm gonna sell them and get a set of aftermarkets. Grand national owners who switch to aluminum wheels have reported gaining a tenth in the 1/4 by doing so, same day/track conditions even.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts