Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. This is going to be very hard to diagnose because I can’t explain the sound properly. But I’ll try my best . I have a 2011 challenge rt and shortly after changing the oil from a shop(never doing again) there’s been a very weird noise. It sounds like it’s coming from in between the steering wheel and engine. It only does it if I’m moving at 40 plus mph. And the sunroof had to be open to hear it . I can’t hear with the windows down due to wind . And I can’t hear it with windows up. I have a small oil leak which I believe to be the shop either overtitening. Or undertitenting the oil filter. The leak is very small and recently I haven’t notice it leaking . But my oil level is slightly above the safe mark. Hardly anything probably only a couole of millimeters. The sound itself sounds like something loose just rattling around it’s not consistent like a lifter tick .( which I do have the Hemi tick but it sounds like most cars I here that have Hemis.) the car still pulls strong and I have done several 0-60s and I get my average Time so I don’t feel like I’ve lost power.I can’t record it because it’s so quiet but does anyone have any idea what this is I’m about to take to get a acompression test and let the shop owner listen to it but if this is something anyone knows about or has suggestions I’d much rather take that route

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That honestly could be it.now that u say that that reminds me when I looked under the hood it did look like the belly pan was bent downwards

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Hello everyone. This is going to be very hard to diagnose because I can’t explain the sound properly. But I’ll try my best . I have a 2011 challenge rt and shortly after changing the oil from a shop(never doing again) there’s been a very weird noise. It sounds like it’s coming from in between the steering wheel and engine. It only does it if I’m moving at 40 plus mph. And the sunroof had to be open to hear it . I can’t hear with the windows down due to wind . And I can’t hear it with windows up. I have a small oil leak which I believe to be the shop either overtitening. Or undertitenting the oil filter. The leak is very small and recently I haven’t notice it leaking . But my oil level is slightly above the safe mark. Hardly anything probably only a couole of millimeters. The sound itself sounds like something loose just rattling around it’s not consistent like a lifter tick .( which I do have the Hemi tick but it sounds like most cars I here that have Hemis.) the car still pulls strong and I have done several 0-60s and I get my average Time so I don’t feel like I’ve lost power.I can’t record it because it’s so quiet but does anyone have any idea what this is I’m about to take to get a acompression test and let the shop owner listen to it but if this is something anyone knows about or has suggestions I’d much rather take that route
Hi Gabriel, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
499 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the delay. but i did have a front left leaking strut. I don’t have the same noise I described before but when I turn left hard, it makes a noise similar to what I described and also an unpleasant grinding noise . I’m getting all 4 shocks and springs replaced and they’re going over the whole suspension to see if they see anything

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
499 Posts
(y)

·
Registered
418 Posts
"I have a 2011 challenge rt and shortly after changing the oil from a shop(never doing again) there’s been a very weird noise."

You did.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,605 Posts
Lol, it did start out with that ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"I have a 2011 challenge rt and shortly after changing the oil from a shop(never doing again) there’s been a very weird noise."

You did.
Lol I’m getting confused on the from this site and challenger forums haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts