Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't figure out what forum to post this in, I figured I'd start here...

I just got my car out of storage last week, I've driven it 2-3 times since. I've also been doing some work on my speaker box, so I've spent quite a bit of time inside the car lately, almost always with a door or two open but no keys in the ignition.

I noticed that every so often, I hear some type of electrical noise that I can't pinpoint. It's relatively loud and lasts for 2-3 seconds at a time. The noise is hard to describe, but it sounds very similar to either the power seat moving, or the CD player spinning. At one point I was in the driver seat when I heard it and the seat did not move, so that's not it but the sound is similar. I do not have a CD in the car, but I guess the player could be spinning.

As I said, I've only driven the car a couple of times but I haven't noticed it while driving, only while sitting in the car with no keys in it.

I suppose I'm going to have to take it to the dealer before whatever it is gets worse and/or kills my battery. Before I did that, though, I wanted to see if anyone on here has any suggestions or thoughts?

·
Registered
651 Posts
When just sitting in the car, not running, I also hear what sounds like some kind of actuator or servo, maybe even a drive spinning up / down (MyGig, etc), somewhere behind the dash.

It's periodic, both in Off and Acc, I'm assuming it's just the Wizard behind the curtain,
I'm assuming the logic state of the CAN bus changes with me opening door, closing door, turning radio on for a moment, pretty much anything, times out then normalizes back to whatever key state, etc.
:smoker:

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
When just sitting in the car, not running, I also hear what sounds like some kind of actuator or servo, maybe even a drive spinning up / down (MyGig, etc), somewhere behind the dash.

It's periodic, both in Off and Acc, I'm assuming it's just the Wizard behind the curtain,
I'm assuminmg the logic state of the CAN bus changes with me opening door, closing door, turning radio on for a moment, pretty much anything, times out then normalizes back to whatever key state, etc.
:smoker:
Normal. Mine does it also.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
It's normal. You'll also hear the thump of the sub as well. This is activated when you open the doors and it detects the key FOB I believe.

·
Registered
504 Posts
its the hvac blend door moving,mine does it to. not sure why,but i have seen it moving from underneath steering area....???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts