Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. When it's been sitting awhile, the windows (both sides) make a little click sound when I lower them. It seems to only do it after it been sitting for a few hours. Doesn't seem to do it if I raise or lower them right after I already moved them.

2. I remote start the car in the morning so it'll be a bit warmer when I take off for work. When I hit the unlock button for the door, the lights dim and the engine seems to "miss" for a split second.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Mine does the same things, but the window clicking is only on rare occasions

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yep, I have noticed both of those on mine. They have a mind of their own sometimes. I swear if mine could figure out if it wanted to idle at 500 or 700 and stay that way, I would be happy. LOL

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Yep, I have noticed both of those on mine. They have a mind of their own sometimes. I swear if mine could figure out if it wanted to idle at 500 or 700 and stay that way, I would be happy. LOL
^^this. I've had mine idle at real odd rpms occasionally.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
1. When it's been sitting awhile, the windows (both sides) make a little click sound when I lower them. It seems to only do it after it been sitting for a few hours. Doesn't seem to do it if I raise or lower them right after I already moved them.

2. I remote start the car in the morning so it'll be a bit warmer when I take off for work. When I hit the unlock button for the door, the lights dim and the engine seems to "miss" for a split second.
Hey MOPARMAN -- was that your CHALLENGER pulling into CHUY'S in Round Rock yesterday around 11:30 ? If it was we saw you but we were in the Jeep. My wife wanted to go get some mulch after lunch. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, not me. I rarely get to RR or Austin. I did have to go to the VA today in Cedar Park and I was IN RR today. I'll be in N. Austin tomorrow; MOPAC and Parmer area.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Mine makes some sort of noise under the dash every once in awhile when nothing is energized. Get in the car and just sit there. After about a minute or two, you will hear something like a little motor for just a few seconds. Also, the driver side vanity mirror only works when I extend the window shade all the way. (Did you know you could do that?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've heard the little electric motor sound several times as well. Always when I have been in the car with everything turned off. I wondered what it is? Hmmmmm

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Pretty sure it would be the hard drive. Every time the door opens a current goes through the car causing a few things to set themselves. How it was described to me before, something along those lines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
About once or twice a week when I push the start button (Keyless Go) I get the "Key Fob Not Detected" message and no start. I take my foot off the brake and cycle through the Acc, On, Off sequence and put my foot back on the brake and push the start button and it starts.
Also I hear a buffeting type wind noise around the driver's side striker plate while driving at highway speeds (over 55)?
Of course the dealer can't find a problem with either;-)

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right after I shut the motor off and get out of the car, there's a sound from under the hood that sounds like a turbo winding down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts