Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Vararam Update

The Vararam Ram Air induction system for the Dodge Challenger, Charger, Magnum and 300C is on the way!

We have been working flat out testing different design elements to be used in the final production version of this system.
We are in the final stages of this system and we are now looking for testers in Houston TX, FL, NJ, NY and CA
Your car can be stock or modified, heads cam etc.
If you would like to be considered just drop us an Email at [email protected]

Here are the basics of the system.
1."THIS WILL BE A SEALED AND PRESSURIZED SYSTEM" NO cones with pipes here!
We have achieved over 100% efficiency in testing as we have with our other ram air models.
It’s designed to be a bolt on, so far in about 10-15min!
NO WATER INGESTION! All we can say at this point is the system brings in air "WAY UP" high and back of the front of the car. Its simply located in a high pressure area and the ram scoop and air box convert this high pressure into velocity, yielding internal airspeeds that exceed road speed.
(A lot more on this later)
We also added a small drain.

(We allowed pics of one of the ugly test mules fitted to a SRT8 Challenger out on to the net; you may have seen this unit)
This unit is checking the ECU’s reaction to high temperature in real world driving conditions and what effect it has on the vehicles actual, on the road performance (acceleration, drivability and fuel mileage)
We have been beyond pleased with those results.

Performance-
The system will yield 3 tenths or 3 mph through the ¼ mile over factory on both R/T and SRT8 models Guaranteed or we will take the system back and pay shipping both ways!
(Modified cars will gain more!)
0-60mph reductions of ½ second are the norm but traction is a major issue now, so you will have to "DRIVE" the car or it will just light up the tires.

Construction-
(The beta test mules have been using standard ABS to check for temperature deflection and stress from vibration in our high heat environment, under all types of load ranges.)
Production models will use a special military spec material in flat black.
This material is made just for VR to our specs and is designed to exceed the OEM specifications.

The filter-
This will be a washable reusable unit custom made to VR’s specs by GREEN FILTER USA.
Their oil is air sensor safe, that is one reasons why we use them.

THE TESTERS- THAT’S YOU!
We are looking to the Internet as we have in the past for the final word of what it is you want.
From the "LOOK and FEEL" of the unit to its installation we are at a stage now where we are making final
tweaks for fit and feel of the system, checking vehicle variation etc..
Drop us an email at [email protected] or call us direct 713 477 8100 if you would like to be involved in the final testing phase of the system.

·
Banned
33 Posts
hot air CAI

So where is this CAI that sucks in hot air from a location behind the radiator? I just can't wait to see this.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Any updates on release dates/etc. Vararam?

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
It seems this new vendor is ignoring their very client base. They came on the site promising a breakthrough product and then .....nothing. I wonder if Bernie Madoff was involved?

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
I understand that this system that may or may not actually exist is stupid. How is that for being brief? These vararam people must believe that we are all stupid, mindless lemmings. Perhaps they were hoping for a payoff to actually bring something to market. or, they are just such total engineering failures that they refuse to even try.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
From the link....well ....Hmmm, looks like a Hot Air Ram Air? Intake to me coming off the radiator. :scratchhead:
Now I am sure this HAS to be one of MANY< MANY< DESIGNS they have attempted as long as they
have been stringing us along with the R&D excuse for not coming out with anything yet. So hopefully...
they'll come up with something that doesn't pull superheated air off the radiator.

·
Registered
146 Posts
This got my hopes up until I saw the original post date. Oh well, I should be used to being disappointed by now.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
WTF.

I offered to test many months ago, got one encouraging email, then bumpkis.

Even if this comes out some year, or some decade (!), I am starting to wonder if we should not boycott just for the lack of attention, follow through, communication, and frankly EXECUTION to provide this car, that has been available for three years now, with a speed accessory having a ready market.

I am not one to usually cut off my nose to spite my face, but I also hate to give my money to people who just assume I'll come running no matter how they treat their potential customer base, or how many false starts and promises there are.

All the BS about thorough R&D and testing yadda yadda can only take you so far.

I agree in spades with the sentiments of MOONDOGNYC, above:

NO vaporware vendors allowed on the forum; only those with actual product to sell!

(Rant OFF)

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
I disagree - Having owned my own businesses (and applying for patents for original products - getting absolutely SCR-WED on two of them) I know this - what ever the problem is - they probably did not anticipate some problem that jumped up and absolutely bit their butts OFF!

Could be financing - etc etc etc

The reason I disagree is - THEY WERE TRYING!! Had a reasonable concept and the problem cropped up somewhere in the execution.

Guys - for them to even TRY to make a UNIQUE product for a low prodction niche vehicle tells me they are my kind of people

I DISAGREE

1 - 20 of 38 Posts