Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Those look great! I've been looking for an old school rim. Love Welds prostar and draglite, just don't make our size. These might be a good fix. How are you liking them? Mine's an 392 so it would have to fit the Brembos too.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've run Weld Draglite and Rodlite wheels on my 69 Camaro and always liked their products. The only thing I wish is that I could have got a taller front tire but your limited in choice. You will have to run the "High Pad" to clear the Brembos.

Those look great! I've been looking for an old school rim. Love Welds prostar and draglite, just don't make our size. These might be a good fix. How are you liking them? Mine's an 392 so it would have to fit the Brembos too.

·
Registered
531 Posts
What's "high pad" and what tires are you running with them? Got any more pics. I'd like to see them with your whole car. They look sharp.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weld makes these wheels with either a Low, Medium, or High Pad Height Design. It basically the shape of the spokes. If you could look at them sideways a low pad has a flatter spoke while a high pad has a more curved spoke to clear the brakes. On my car I can run the Medium Pad but on yours you will have to run the High Pad to clear the bigger brakes. Go on Weld's Website and check the videos they show you the differance in the pad heights with a cutaway tool of the rims. Here are some more pics I added the knockoffs myself there not a Weld item. Front rims are 17x6 with a 4.3 backspacing with Hankook 215-65-17 H724 tires and rears are 17x9 with a 6.3 backspacing and 275-55-17 Hankook Ventus AS tires.

What's "high pad" and what tires are you running with them? Got any more pics. I'd like to see them with your whole car. They look sharp.

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
They look awesome. Really like the knockoffs too. Really completes the look. Thanks for the info and the pics.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I ordered the wheels I actually called Weld themselves for information about them. I bought them thru Jim'sRacing.com. It was hard to visulize how they would look because you couldn't go down to your local speed shop and see them. I orginally ordered a 3.3 backspacing for the front but then started thinking that the front depth would look too deep so I went with the 4.3 backspacing which did give me the look I was after. Another thing most dealers don't stock these they have to be ordered and made. They gave me a 3 week shipping date and were right on target.

They look awesome. Really like the knockoffs too. Really completes the look. Thanks for the info and the pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts