Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had 3 SRT’s (Charger, 300C and my 09 Challenger)…and have enjoyed all of them every day. Have been to 2 driving experiences and had a great time. For me, muscle cars have been my therapy since I was a young guy…So…for months have waited to see a 392 but there are none in the southeast that I know of. ..BUT my local dealer has one (black 392) due in the rail yard may 5th. They offered me about 32k for my 09SRT Challenger with 22k miles; 3.9% apr loan and 500 in Mopar bucks plus about 2 k off msrp and “lifetime Chrysler warranty” for about 2200. I hope I did not make a mistake….But I am going to the rail yard Sat May 7th in Hapville Ga.…to pick it up with someone from the dealership. Once there the dealer rep inspects the car…signs off…and I drive it back to the dealer (about 60 miles)…then they inspect it….pretty it up and it’s then mine. I don’t know why there are NO 392’s in Georgia …I wonder if Detroit doesn’t like us southern people( just kidding).
Have any of you folks ever picked up a car this way? Supposedly the dash gauges are disconnected…The Issue now with many dealers (since the transport vendor change;) is that many new cars are sitting at the railhead for weeks before being shipped by truck to the dealer.
When the car gets back to the dealer the fuses are installed. I’ve never done this before…any advice on what to look out for besides bullet holes or a damaged vehicle?!
…Seamaster…

·
Registered
355 Posts
Have any of you folks ever picked up a car this way?
First off congrats. Even though you are a experienced SRT8 owner, my bet is that this will be your favorite one yet. Mine sat at the Bison Railyard less than a mile from my home for four days (I saw it through the fence) when I couldn't take it anymore and called the dealer (on a friday afternoon). dealer said no problem, they could go to the Bison Railyard and bring a pickup order which allows them to drive the car to the dealer and invited me to meet them there on saturday to be the one who drives it there. Turns out that the carrier loaded the car at the railyard at 7:00am and dropped it at the dealer at 8:45am, so our plans to meet there at noon were superceeded by the fact that the car was delivered before we could go there, which was a good thing, but yes, that does happen where a dealer can go to the railyard to get a car.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
The 392 is a totally different monster. I loved my 6.1L but dayumm!!! The 6.4L is killer.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
The fuse is in the trunk and is the IOD (Ignition off draw). It doesn't affect the guages or speedo, only items like your keyless entry and radio. The fuse is easy to spot, as it is in a casing that is popped up in the panel and simply needs to be pressed in. We pick up cars frequently. Outside of scratches and such, you want to check the rocker panels and lower fascia for damage. These are the low points on the car and are most prone to transport damage, but we don't usually have a problem.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vichammer:
This morning dropped by my dealer...they checked the shipping times agian...Now the 392 is due in Hapeville Ga May 9th at 6am...so Monday is the pick up day...I can now understand better what other owners have felt waiting months for their whip...You must have felt so frustrated looking through a fence at car you just cant have yet...that is just pitiful....glad all worked out for you.

SRT8TECH:
Does the 392 sound that different at idle compared to the 6.1? Is the torque "feel"
that significantly different?

BPAG:
Thanks for the information. I'll be taking my camera for some interesting shots.
I think I need a tranquilizer!

...Seamaster...

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Does the 392 sound that different at idle compared to the 6.1?

Is the torque "feel" that significantly different?
The 6.4 idle sound is different than the 6.1. It is louder and has more of a muscle car sound.

There is a very significant increase in the torque feel. I actually was a bit disappointed with the torque in the 6.1. The 6.4 torque has no disappointments .

·
Registered
353 Posts
Don't feel bad...I started off with a stone white Challenger R/T then traded for a 2010 Detonator Yellow SRT8 and now I have a 2011 392 Challenger. You only live once!! I plan on keeping this one though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts