Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to falling prices, special rebate incentives on 6speed cars, and the need for dealers to move inventory...

Trading in the SE for an R/T 6spd. For any of us that didn't get an R/T simply because of the price difference, now is the time to look, I'm getting a killer deal! Another bit of good news is that my insurance is only going up 7 dollars a month, and I'm 23 years old (albeit with a clean record, and a list of discounts as I've been with the same company since I was 16).

Don't get me wrong I loved my SE and had a lot of fun with it, but driving the R/T is a completely different experience...
:redcap:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was debating this as well over the weekend. Wife went ballistic!:fight:

Thanks to falling prices, special rebate incentives on 6speed cars, and the need for dealers to move inventory...

Trading in the SE for an R/T 6spd. For any of us that didn't get an R/T simply because of the price difference, now is the time to look, I'm getting a killer deal! Another bit of good news is that my insurance is only going up 7 dollars a month, and I'm 23 years old (albeit with a clean record, and a list of discounts as I've been with the same company since I was 16).

Don't get me wrong I loved my SE and had a lot of fun with it, but driving the R/T is a completely different experience...
:redcap:

·
Registered
741 Posts
it all goes according to your needs, if yo bought an SE because you couldnt afford an RT then YES, buying right now could possibly make sense depending on what they give you for your SE on trade.

personally i wanted an SE and thats what i bought but i have been wrestling with selling it now since i dont really drive it that much(nearly 2 years old w/2900 on odo)
i may just part with it and buy a 2011 street glide as i have more fun with bikes
than cars.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not going work unfortunately... However, I did get the ok to spend the trade in money instead on mods for the SE. Take it, leave it, or the "Lorena Bobbitt" option according to the wife. :notallthere:

Their not suppose to understand. Maybe you can catch her at a weak moment and still get one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not going work unfortunately... However, I did get the ok to spend the trade in money instead on mods for the SE. Take it, leave it, or the "Lorena Bobbitt" option according to the wife. :notallthere:
HAHA! No one needs or wants to go down that dusty road...

At least you get to mod though...

I bought my SE at Landers Mclarty in Bentonville, but I'm getting the R/T from Lewis Chrysler in Fayetteville. Their sales staff has been great to me so far. The sales manager was concerned about the mods on the SE...I had to write a list of EVERYTHING I had done to it. He actually took it for a drive around the block and loved it so I'm getting a good trade in. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it all goes according to your needs, if yo bought an SE because you couldnt afford an RT then YES, buying right now could possibly make sense depending on what they give you for your SE on trade.

personally i wanted an SE and thats what i bought but i have been wrestling with selling it now since i dont really drive it that much(nearly 2 years old w/2900 on odo)
i may just part with it and buy a 2011 street glide as i have more fun with bikes
than cars.
2900 in 2 years... hard to imagine since I had the SE 9 months and put 12k on it, lol. You are right, it's definitely a matter of preference. I was fine with the SE at first (had the mindset of 'well I'll put a v8 in it later'...haha yeah right) But once I found out what kind of deals were out there and got a quote with trade-in, etc... just could not pass it up.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Congrats on your new R/T. Give the SE a hug when you say goodbye.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What are you getting on the trade if you dont mind me asking?
I won't be sure until tonght when I see all the paper work and sign the deal, but upwards of 20k I know...

And for what it's worth, the final sticker price on the R/T after rebate, etc. is in the neighborhood of 28k :browsmiley:

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations on the upgrade! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bad news...

:disgust: The finance approval drastically changed what they told me our deal would be...so unless someone pulls a rabbit out of a hat it's not happening.

:guiness::guiness::guiness:

Oh well... at least I've still got an SE to cruise around in for now.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Sorry to hear that. There should be laws against telling someone they have something and changeing the rules when it comes to the bank. It happens all the time though. Maybe next time it will work out.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn't get your R/T. But atleast you still have your SE. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry to hear you didn't get your R/T. But atleast you still have your SE. Enjoy it.
Yep, theres always a bright side to every situation, and still owning a challenger is a pretty bright side :thumbsup:

Worst part though was driving it for 4 days being told the deal was a go...:icon_evil:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Wow, I'm also bummed to hear that. I had a similar situation in the past, but I already was given the new car and had to give it back to the dealer 3 days later LOL. :disgust:

·
Registered
574 Posts
What part didn't go through? $20k for your car is a good deal but I've seen R/Ts going for under $26k, new I believe. Not sure on the mods though. Prob bone stock.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts