Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 100th Annivesary R/T
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I have enjoyed my 2012 SXT 3.6l V6, I constantly found myself looking at dealership websites at R/T models, continually wanting a R/T car, not to mention the ever annoying "Its a Hemi?" question. Don't get me wrong the V6 car is great for what it is, hell it out performances most, if not all stock V8's of the 1970's (not counting the performance Hemi engines), but when you grow up on Hemi's and SB Chevy's your whole life there just is no substitute!

So I finally pulled the trigger and got a 2014 R/T Plus 100th Anniv. car that is Granite Crystal Metallic with an automatic. I started looking at a 5M car but decided on the 6A, really didn't like the gear box noise and living in Seattle lots of stop and go so the auto is a big plus. I'm liking the options that come with the 100th Anniv. package, the custom Nappa seats are unique with the gold stitching and hints of gold in the material. With everything I have read here and other forums I knew exactly which other options I wanted and found a car that actually had more. The only thing I didn't get that I wanted was either a Silver or White car, but the dark grey is nice and a good compromise. Cant wait till I get thru the break in period and really get into it. Heres a link to the window sticker, and no I didn't pay that price, considerably under, which is a good thing since I lost some on my V6 car. http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDYBT1EH229754

I guess I set the V6 car up well, the dealership had someone after it before I even left the lot with the new one! :banger:

Well here it is, more pictures to come once the weather turns nice and the pollen stops falling!

-Kenny

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
No HEMI badge on the hood to shut up those asking "does it got a hemi?".

Looks good, I like those wheels, and that Granite is the only color I considered besides Bright White.

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You've got a badazz car right there. The Hemi will really wake up once it gets over 3,500 miles, and you won't regret the A5. You can drive it easily in traffic, and then shift the hell out of it on back roads. Get in the habit of pushing the Sport Button and the traction control button as soon as you start the car, they make it a completely different car.

Reactions: KennyLives

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its at the top of my list, noticed that when I was wiping the car down with Adam's detail spray.

Welcome to the HEMI side of the fence. The grass really is greener on this side!
Your right in this case it truly is!!

You've got a badazz car right there. The Hemi will really wake up once it gets over 3,500 miles, and you won't regret the A5. You can drive it easily in traffic, and then shift the hell out of it on back roads. Get in the habit of pushing the Sport Button and the traction control button as soon as you start the car, they make it a completely different car.
Thanks for the advice, looking forward to getting thru the break in period!!

-Kenny

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
After you buy them HEMI badges, you can also buy an overlay sticker in various colors, if you want that badge to pop on that paint job. Red is what I did, to go along with my red accent theme.
Have fun making it yours, and greetings from Portland!
Are you going to do the Mopar on the Mountain tour on August 9th? A bunch of Mopar muscle cars, new and old, jamming up Mt. St. Helens.
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f59/annual-mopars-mountain-mt-st-helens-9-aug-2014-a-173777/

·
Registered
610 Posts
i thought all V8's came with the HEMI badge.. :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Congrats on the Hemi. I saw the 100th Anniv interior at Springfest,
super nice reminds me of a vintage leather jacket.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
That thing looks beautiful! Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nice challenger...congrats on the R/T

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Nothing wrong with an SXT, as you know -but- I'm sure that R/T will put a :) on your face. Quite simply more fun to drive, I expect !!

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
165 Posts
Looks great, don't know why it would not come with the Hemi badges. You can pick them up on E Bay. I even put one on my Riding Lawn mower !:)

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
This. Ive gotten so used to the way the car drives with sport on and partial traction, when it not on it just doesnt feel right.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
308 Posts
first thing I do when I step in car
1.sports mode
2.traction control off
3. make sweet love

Reactions: R/T Bee and rajunz

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

Looks good, I like those wheels, and that Granite is the only color I considered besides Bright White.
Yes, those wheels are great! Good luck with your nice new RT!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I like the color... But I'm prejudiced.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts