Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Stars & Stripes Scatpack
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys today while at work some idiot driving his 11 Hyundai sonata decided to come down the 1 way where work was located the wrong way. Realising his mistake he tried to perform a 3 point turn and backs right into my passenger side bumper and fender ? thankfully my coworker saw and called me outside. At least he didn't run and I got his insurance info. Got a good 5 inch scratch a nice chip on the bumper and a 3 inch slight dent in the fender.

20190714_141611_1563144735362.jpg
20190714_141617_1563144970820.jpg

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Yikes sorry man at least you got his info. So many others get screwed over...everyone takes off now without leaving a note!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes sorry man at least you got his info. So many others get screwed over...everyone takes off now without leaving a note!
I'm thankful for my co-workers they know how I am with my cars. And yeah, if it wasn't seen he could have taken off. Had that happen on a Charger I used to own. I feel sorry for anyone that happens to.

The guy contacted me earlier asking if I'd be will to get a repair estimate and settle without going through insurance. I am hesitant but plan to stop by the dealership I purchased from to see what they think.

·
Registered
15,851 Posts
The guy contacted me earlier asking if I'd be will to get a repair estimate and settle without going through insurance. I am hesitant but plan to stop by the dealership I purchased from to see what they think.
Absolutely not!

You'll thank me later.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely not!

You'll thank me later. .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. I am guessing you had some bad experience or have seen others in the same boat.

I am hoping for an easy repair but I got a feeling they will need to replace the fender and repaint the bumper due to the metallic paint

·
Super Moderator
14,934 Posts
I feel your pain. When I had my 1971 'Cuda, it got hit twice in parking lots! One time, the guy drove away, but the second time a woman left a note with her insurance information. Some people are just more honest than others.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,668 Posts
I'm thankful for my co-workers they know how I am with my cars. And yeah, if it wasn't seen he could have taken off. Had that happen on a Charger I used to own. I feel sorry for anyone that happens to.

Got hit by a guy. The light changed and while I took off he took off faster and ran into the back of my car. After we had stopped he told me he had been on his cell phone texting someone.

Geesh a grown man texting his cell phone like a teenage girl. While we were exchanging info he told me he's driving his mommy's car his pick up is in the shop getting repaired from an accident he had just a week or so prior. I wanted to tell him what his problem was and he could shove it up his vagina but I kept my mouth shut.

Asked me if I wanted to settle without me having to file a claim against his insurance. I told him I would take the car to the dealer and then the body shop to get an accurate assessment of the damage and to ensure a proper repair and I intended to file a claim against his insurance company. Too often it has been my experience the initial estimate of the amount of damage is low so settling on the initial estimate can mean one has to pay out of his pocket to get the car properly repaired.

IOWs, it is best to book the car in and get it properly repaired and as the additional damage is found and the body shop has to go back to the insurance for an additional claim this can happen because the claim was not settled for a fixed and almost certainly an insufficient amount of money on the side of the road.

My thinking is if the butthead doesn't want other drivers to bother his insurance company with a claim he needs to stop running into cars.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,462 Posts
If you settle out side of insurance, you may keep small repairs off of stuff like Carfax reports, that has value as well.

Reactions: mcm95403

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you settle out side of insurance, you may keep small repairs off of stuff like Carfax reports, that has value as well.
That's what I was thinking too

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got back from the body shop at the dealership about $1700 in damage assuming there is no underlying damage and that they can save the fender.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,668 Posts
That's what I was thinking too

After some time small repairs, especially ones that are clearly documented as being for small really skin deep cosmetic things don't count for that much. Condition, servicing, and price count for lots lots more. A minor bumper tap? Not so much.

Besides even if it was not on a CarFax report you would still want to disclose stuff like this of course.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hey guys today while at work some idiot driving his 11 Hyundai sonata decided to come down the 1 way where work was located the wrong way. Realising his mistake he tried to perform a 3 point turn and backs right into my passenger side bumper and fender ? thankfully my coworker saw and called me outside. At least he didn't run and I got his insurance info. Got a good 5 inch scratch a nice chip on the bumper and a 3 inch slight dent in the fender.

View attachment 949085
View attachment 949087
That's good he wasn't a jerk and left his insurance info. So many would have just driven away. Nevertheless, it feels bad when someone damages our Challengers...or any other car we own for that matter! Keep us updated!

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
489 Posts
so sorry to so sorry to hear about this but agreed that it's thankful that he didn't run. Reminds me of a time that I was towing a 14 foot trailer for my company.

I didn't have much experience Towing things at that point and found myself in a parking lot part of a building that dead-ended. I had to back the entire set up to get out and unfortunately, hit the front of someone's car. I'm not that guy that's going to leave things like that.

Felt like crap having to go inside and have them find the owner so I could tell him that I hit his car. And it was a Friday to boot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts