Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passed by a local auto body shop and found this carcass in the lot. Couldn't make out the year due to the shattered windshield. I also noticed that only the passenger air bag deployed. For a hit like this, I would have expected the driver to pop also. Hope that no one was hurt.:crying:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
My guess is that's a '12 - '13 SRT 392 based on the Black Vapor Chrome wheels - that was a new wheel for '12.

That was one impact - must have submarined underneath a semi trailer or a bobtail truck.

Destroyed the pass side apron as the hood got compacted into the windshield.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wow. Just a bit more than a love tap. I'm guessing it ran up under a semi, or something like that.
Probably looks worse than it was, and probably the reason both bags didn't deploy. The peeling sheet metal and sheared unibody absorbed a lot of energy.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys weren't lying. Those tires were shot ! May as well have been racing slicks. My tires only have 24,000 miles and i am ready to get new ones.

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts
Not only were the tires dangerously low on tread, he hit the bus so was it texting or talking on the phone?
Highly doubtful that he was paying attention and driving carefully. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Here's some before, and one after, showing what a 120lb deer does at 60MPH. Early April morning (still more dark than light) and I had just accelerated to 60 on a nice flat stretch (open fields on both sides). Eyes front, no distractions, and this hooved rat darted from my right, on a dead run. No time to hit the brakes. Impact sent the deer 100 yards down the road in front of me. $7100 dollars (no cost to me due to my zero-deductible comp insurance) and a new: fender, inner fender, front facia, left headlamp assy, inner supports, radiator, A/C condenser and some fresh paint....and it's as good as new.....minus the obnoxious front plate holder.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
As most everybody else pointed out, the tires looked like baloney skins.... ( that was the first thing i noticed too, as i had those on my car in college as i could not afford one, never mind two tires.. ), but the other thing that i see is that the passenger compartment looks almost undamaged, the hood is pushed back into the windshield, but neither of the doors appear to be damaged, showing that the passengers were fairly well protected. Glad there were only minor injuries, not knowing the real cause, hope the driver ( and passenger if there was one ) are back in the saddle soon!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
At least our cars will take a hit and not be a soda can. I've seen a few front and rear impacts with decent protection.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,565 Posts
At least our cars will take a hit and not be a soda can. I've seen a few front and rear impacts with decent protection.
It is the small overlap impact that is a little concerning though....other than that, it looks like it can take a "Vanishing Point" impact. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Speaking of "Vanishing Point" collisions. Did anyone catch on GraveYard Carz that the car that was used to crash in the original movie was actually a white Camaro !!! They were loaned a few Challengers and had to return them to Dodge.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
634 Posts
Here's some before, and one after, showing what a 120lb deer does at 60MPH. Early April morning (still more dark than light) and I had just accelerated to 60 on a nice flat stretch (open fields on both sides). Eyes front, no distractions, and this hooved rat darted from my right, on a dead run. No time to hit the brakes. Impact sent the deer 100 yards down the road in front of me. $7100 dollars (no cost to me due to my zero-deductible comp insurance) and a new: fender, inner fender, front facia, left headlamp assy, inner supports, radiator, A/C condenser and some fresh paint....and it's as good as new.....minus the obnoxious front plate holder.
I thought the Bullit was a Mustang>:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Speaking of "Vanishing Point" collisions. Did anyone catch on GraveYard Carz that the car that was used to crash in the original movie was actually a white Camaro !!! They were loaned a few Challengers and had to return them to Dodge.
That's right. I'll paste in a photo of the 1967 Camaro used in the scene. You can see that the Chevy wheels are different from the Mopar wheels on the Challenger.

And here's a shot of the car before the wreck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts