Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was disapointed in customer service. They dint know Jack! Anyways, Is there a such car as a 2011 Srt8 non 392 edition? The dealer says yes and has a difference of 7k but after researching I don't see anything. Is there a such car? If so why hasn't dodge advertised it?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
there is no "392 edition" there is the 2011 SRT8, all of which are equipped with the 6.4 Liter, 392 Hemi, and then there is the 2011 Inaugural Edition SRT8 which is either Blue with White Stripes and White Leather, or White with Blue Stripes and White Leather.

2011+ SRT8's are all 6.4's
2011- SRT8's are all 6.1's

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is no "392 edition" there is the 2011 SRT8, all of which are equipped with the 6.4 Liter, 392 Hemi, and then there is the 2011 Inaugural Edition SRT8 which is either Blue with White Stripes and White Leather, or White with Blue Stripes and White Leather.

2011+ SRT8's are all 6.4's
2011- SRT8's are all 6.1's
So the difference is the badging right, I just want a Hemi 6.4

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
So the difference is the badging right, I just want a Hemi 6.4
Too bad, there is no such thing as a 6.4 Hemi. The "Big" hemi is the 6.1...

That was the conversation I had with a Dodge dealer a couple of months ago. When I asked specifically about the 392 they told me there was no such thing, the "big" hemi was the 6.1. When I explained the new 392 was already on the road they informed me there was nothing in the "official channels" so they didn't know anything about it.

So there you have it... there is no 6.4L and anyone driving one of those 392 cars is driving an "unofficial" Dodge :) Small wonder Dodge falls behind in sales, you can't beat the truth out of a Dodge dealership. Back in March I wrote this about Dodge dealerships not having a clue on the cars they are selling including a Hemi Orange car being listed as "Go Mango" orange (insert face-palm).

·
Registered
104 Posts
HAHAHA, I got fooled into this also, when I first asked that before I came back to the forums, they also told me there was 2 SRT8 a 6.1 and a 6.4. Dealers are really messing with people.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Most Dodge dealers in my area in NJ are not worth speaking highly of. Their cars on the lots are kept in crap condition, the salesman know nothing about the car, the sales managers are rude, you get the drift.

My selling dealer, Seaview Jeep/Chrysler Dodge is a brand new Dodge dealer so.. they knew nothing but were polite in working with me and my trade and the price.

I know nothing about their service department and may choose to use Freehold Dodge since that is where my SRT10 was serviced and they were ok.

I will see how the dealer treats me for my first oil change at 1000 miles.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have purchased many cars over the years. I have never met a group of sales people that know less about the product they are selling then car sales people. I am not saying everyone of them, but most I have encountered. It is shocking--they are dealing with product that has just a few models and options in one brand. They could learn every model inside and out, but they dont. I do not think I have gone to purchase a car one time and not known 10 times more then the salesperson about the product I was interested. Sometime the stuff the spew is so bad, I cringe inside when I hear then saying it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
It's not just the Dodge salesmen that are clueless. When I bought my wife's Mustang GT the salesman kept saying "You know if you put premuim in it you'll get 40 more hp".

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Most car salesmen do not know anything about cars. They know how to sell them.
I've yet to meet a really knowledgeable car saleman. I've heard some real doozies coming from them. Typically when I go shop for a car I pretend I don't know anything about cars, it's actually entertaining listening to them trying to pretend they know stuff.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The dealer was probably referring to the Inaugural Edition 392 when he was telling you there was a non 392 edition. ALL SRT-8s from 2011 on have the 392 Hemi. The I/E package were the first 392s produced (1,100 for US) and were either white with blue stripes or blue with white stripes. Both had white seats with blue stripes. It was merely a special trim package used to introduce the new 392 engine into the SRT-8 model.

To answer your questions...
The 6.4L Hemi (470hp/470lb) or 392 cubic inch is the motor for all 2011+ SRT-8 models. You cannot get this motor in any other trim besides SRT. It has Brembos as well as a revised suspension over the old 2008-2010 SRT-8 6.1L.

The 6.1L Hemi (425hp/420lb) or 372 Cubic inch was available in the 2008-2010 SRT-8 model ONLY.

The 5.7 Hemi (376/410lb for manuals) or 350 cubic inch is the "small" Hemi was is only available on the R/T model line. (2009-current) This model does not have Brembos. It's supension is also not as tight compared to the SRT-8.

The SRT-8 is your track/race beast. The R/T is your cruiser you take to the drive in.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
And to answer a few other questions...

For 2011 the SRT8 has a revised suspension with more negative camber, a direct mounted steering rack with less turns lock to lock (14 vs. 16 in the 2008-2010) also the steering wheel diameter is smaller, the front end has been slightly redesigned, the "smiley" face has been turned upside down, the new splitter extends around the sides of the front bumper.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Car salespeople are the absolute worst. I put them below lawyers.

You would think with all the down time they have, they could read through a brochure, a manual, something that would educate them a little, at least on the new cars they sell. I can cut them a little slack on a used car that's not their own "brand".

But alas, they would rather stand around drink coffee and smoke cigarettes than learn anything useful. I'm particularly amused by the women salespeople. They're usually fairly attractive, and somehow feel that 's enough to sell me a car.

Just watching these slugs walk across the parking lot to me makes the hair on my arm stand up.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Im curious in what differences the cars have. Do you have anything to reference? If the car has brembos, an a hemi I'm fine.
do you even know what a hemi or bremb's are? you sound just like one of those dealers that do not know anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
do you even know what a hemi or bremb's are? you sound just like one of those dealers that do not know anything.
Who are you? And why do u ask verbally tough guy. to answer your rudimentary question yes, I know what bembro brakes are...smh. I also owned a 2010 ss camaro which had them also..

Now to all other comments that counted thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Most car salesmen do not know anything about cars. They know how to sell them.
I've yet to meet a really knowledgeable car saleman. I've heard some real doozies coming from them. Typically when I go shop for a car I pretend I don't know anything about cars, it's actually entertaining listening to them trying to pretend they know stuff.
I would venture to say that many don't even know how to "sell" them. Selling requires building value in something and if you don't know the product you can't build value in said product, thus you better know how to build value in the dealer and what they have to offer. Many (not all) can do neither.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Car salespeople are the absolute worst. I put them below lawyers.

You would think with all the down time they have, they could read through a brochure, a manual, something that would educate them a little, at least on the new cars they sell. I can cut them a little slack on a used car that's not their own "brand".

But alas, they would rather stand around drink coffee and smoke cigarettes than learn anything useful. I'm particularly amused by the women salespeople. They're usually fairly attractive, and somehow feel that 's enough to sell me a car.

Just watching these slugs walk across the parking lot to me makes the hair on my arm stand up.
... and this is what keeps me getting up and going in every day. While I am not a sales consultant, I do strive every day to do my part to improve the profession to which you are referring to. The reputation we have is a well deserved one, but having grown up in the business and having seen it from both the corporate side (worked for Chrysler for 8 years) and retail side, I can tell you that there are many dealers and sales consultants that get it and work hard at doing right by their customers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts