Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went by River Oaks Chrysler today and sat down with a salesman That I've bought cars from before. He said info was trickling in on the new 2015 Challengers and he could order one with prices. I said great, let's see if I can get something close to what I had before (2011 R/T Classic). We started to build the car and the first brick wall we ran into is no White leather seats for the Classic ( only option was black and ruby red ). That was a disappointment to me, the reason they brought back white interior I read was to tie the new car to its 1972 styling. That being said,shouldn't the R/T Classic option be more tied to its classic 1972 styling? Now the next brick wall, I can't get the Classic Heritage wheels with the Super Track Pack. That option now gives you some type of black wheel with the package. I know I can order a R/T plus with white interior and then get the other stuff( R/T stripes,script badges,heritage wheels,etc.) installed by the dealer but it's gonna cost more I think. I need to think this all out before I order this car.

·
Registered
781 Posts
According to my dealer, and more importantly Resume Speed, it is still undetermined which wheels you will get with that set-up. Right now there appears to be no way of telling for sure. What makes you and/or your dealer so sure? Just curious as that is what I ordered as well and I really want the Classic wheels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
16,296 Posts
I guess the difference now from 2014 is that the Classic package includes the Heritage wheels but when you order STP that package also includes it's own wheels and there is no separate option to get the Classic wheels back. Dodge needs to fix this asap as the Classic with the Heritage wheels was one of the most popular Challengers built and not everybody wants black wheels.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Chrysler has some really quirky requirements for different packages. It can sure make picking out the perfect car very difficult.

I wanted a plain RT with STP. I found out I couldn't do that without getting the chrome wheels. IMO they look terrible.

After some searching, I found that you could order the Classic with STP and get the heritage wheels, but they were out of my price range.

I about gave up and then found that the Blacktop came with STP and black wheels. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Bottom line, Chrysler needs to allow a little bit more freedom in the customization department. They are potential losing buyers and/or creating a less pleasant buying experience.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Can I hi jack this thread? Does STP come standard on the' 15 RT 392 scatpack (without the appearance pkg)? I can't make heads or tails out of the option lists lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree that its both confusing and a disappointment that I can't get both. What do the rest of you think about not being able to get white interior on the R/T Classic?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Why not just order it with the black interior and black wheels and go aftermarket for the wheels & interior you want? You can proballly buy all that about the same price aftermarket anyway, that's what I did when I bought my Dodge Ram, it aint a brick wall when you think about all your options.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,100 Posts
I agree that its both confusing and a disappointment that I can't get both. What do the rest of you think about not being able to get white interior on the R/T Classic?
White is a beautiful color for an interior, and the biggest PITA to care for too, especially if you drive it, and not just store it.

I've owned one car with white seats, and NEVER again. Not being able to get white with the R/TC package would not be a big deal to me at all, but not having Heritage wheels would.

Just me :)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
"2015 Challenger R/T Classic Package, which includes heritage classic “Challenger” script badging on the fenders, dual ‘R/T’ side stripes, 20-inch polished forged aluminum classic-styled five-spoke wheels, HID headlamps, and high-performance Nappa leather seats with Axis II suede inserts."

I'm fairly certain, as in previous years, if you order this package, the wheels over ride any other package wheels. Also looks like it comes with it's own seat combination. If you're set on white seats, you can have them changed. I bought a Dodge Dakota once and wanted gray leather seats. The dealership had a leather sample book, I picked out the color I wanted, they ordered a set from Katzkin Leather and had a local installer change them over. It was $1,000 added to the purchase price.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
I had a chance to view 50 2015 Challengers at once last week at PIR in Portland. Not one had the Heritage wheels. Maybe one or 3 had a chrome wheel of any kind.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Asphalt Autocross

This nice looking R/T had these wheels:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

What are all the wheel choices? I don't know, but they all seem to a variation on the same, multi spoke theme as seen on these cars.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have a feeling that guys ordering the classic pkg with super track pack opt and expecting to have the heritage wheels all at the same time will be very disappointed. The wheels that come with the super track pack are the ones you'll get. If you want the heritage wheels, you cannot get the super track pack. At least that's what I'm seeing according to a few 'classic' R/Ts that have the STP.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Another shot of various wheels:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Parking lot Transport

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I had a chance to view 50 2015 Challengers at once last week at PIR in Portland. Not one had the Heritage wheels. Maybe one or 3 had a chrome wheel of any kind.
View attachment 252850

This nice looking R/T had these wheels:
View attachment 252858

What are all the wheel choices? I don't know, but they all seem to a variation on the same, multi spoke theme as seen on these cars.
Those are the SXT Plus / RT Plus wheels, though based on the stripe and script badge, the last car (granite w/ red stripe) appears to be a Classic, so I am as confused as everyone

·
Registered
16,296 Posts
I was gonna say that looks like the standard SXT+/RT+ wheel but what is it doing on a Classic?

I wish they would show us the real deal instead of all these prototype combinations.

The Sublime car has the Hemi emblem on the fender, what is up with that?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts