Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I just wanted to say thank you for all the help when I had stupid questions about my challenger and I wish you all well!

Im 19 and used to have a 06 mustang gt before my RT challenger, and i don't know ever since getting the challenger i've just missed the raw muscle feel of the mustang. Yeah it was rough, but that's what I wanted out of a muscle car. The challenger just felt too family sedanish for me. But dont get me wrong, it's a flat out sexy car. Stock vs Stock the challenger wins looks-wise every time. Im really not trying to insult it or you guys in any way...chances are i'll want one again in the future but a SRT forsure this time (Or hopefully a hellcat :banger: )

I got a deal on a 2012 5.0 mustang and fell in love the second I drove her.

So i just wanted to say thanks again for all the help! You guys were way more helpful and friendly then the mustang sites to be honest.

Here she is!

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good looking ride.
Thank you! It was tough having the two parked next to each other and having to pick

A Mustang is a better choice for a teenager.
I would agree. The challenger was great to me, no problems at all. I just felt the need to move on. And i understand why some people say they cant get a mustang because it's more rough then the challenger. But honestly on a 3 hour drive home it didn't feel bad at all (though 3 hours isnt too long)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Well guys I just wanted to say thank you for all the help when I had stupid questions about my challenger and I wish you all well!

Im 19 and used to have a 06 mustang gt before my RT challenger, and i don't know ever since getting the challenger i've just missed the raw muscle feel of the mustang. Yeah it was rough, but that's what I wanted out of a muscle car. The challenger just felt too family sedanish for me. But dont get me wrong, it's a flat out sexy car. Stock vs Stock the challenger wins looks-wise every time. Im really not trying to insult it or you guys in any way...chances are i'll want one again in the future but a SRT forsure this time (Or hopefully a hellcat :banger: )

I got a deal on a 2012 5.0 mustang and fell in love the second I drove her.

So i just wanted to say thanks again for all the help! You guys were way more helpful and friendly then the mustang sites to be honest.

Here she is!
I think the '06 Mustang was rated at 300HP. Not sure how the Challenger made you miss that, but the new 5.0 Mustang is a different story.
It's your money, spend it how you want.

:dunno:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the '06 Mustang was rated at 300HP. Not sure how the Challenger made you miss that, but the new 5.0 Mustang is a different story.
It's your money, spend it how you want.

:dunno:
haha I had it modded pretty well so it was probably 350ish at the crank plus with how much lighter it was! But I know what you mean it just felt like more of a muscle car to me

·
Registered
675 Posts
haha I had it modded pretty well so it was probably 350ish at the crank plus with how much lighter it was! But I know what you mean it just felt like more of a muscle car to me
The new Mustang GT 5.0 is a great bargain as far as Horsepower per dollar goes. I have owned a couple of the Fox bodied five-ohs in the past and the Ford motors seem to respond well to mods. Since I am older and love my creature comforts the current Mustang does not compare to my 392 SRT 8 as far as my current wants are concerned.

If you like to Drag race you will have a great time with that car. :banger:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The new Mustang GT 5.0 is a great bargain as far as Horsepower per dollar goes. I have owned a couple of the Fox bodied five-ohs in the past and the Ford motors seem to respond well to mods. Since I am older and love my creature comforts the current Mustang does not compare to my 392 SRT 8 as far as my current wants are concerned.

If you like to Drag race you will have a great time with that car. :banger:
Oh forsure you got the best of both worlds with the 392! Sadly that is wayyyy out of my budget haha. And that is definitely one of the reason i did it! Just a few bolt ons and the thing will fly at the strip!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
California Special? Nice!
It has a billet grille like the cali special but it isn't! But Thank you!! I wish it was though :/

Nice car, enjoy. Sorry to see the challenger go though. What does the California special signify?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thank you! I just hope whoever gets the challenger takes care of it like i did. And im 99% sure it's just a trim package like the blacktop is for challengers. Different rims, front fascia, grille, side scoops, and spoiler.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha its all good guys in expected you guys to not like her!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats on the Stang and hope to see a 392 or a Hellcat parked next to it soon!
The 5.0's have come a long way from the previous 4.6's. I was considering one before the Challenger but went ahead with my R/T.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
congrats to you for being able to buy these cars at 19. Unless mom and dad are buying.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I know what you mean about the feel...I love it too.
Take it easy out there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts