Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

2012 year in review for West Coast Challengers saw club membership rise 295% over last year, breaking monthly membership records in February, again in May, and yet again in July. The club also held many memorable events in 2012, such as the Ghost Run, a club cruise and road rally event, volunteering at the Orange County Food Bank where club members prepared over 1,000 boxes of food for less fortunate families in our communties, our Charcoal & Challengers club BBQ and family day event, our Tour de Hops coastal cruise and brewery tour, and the unforgettable End of the World cruise, a play on the Mayan prediction of the end of the world and which is still getting media attention.

The club once again attended over 100 local, community and charitable events this past year, from car shows, to racing events, to cruises and every kind of event in between.

We will post periodic updates of some of the events that West Coast Challengers will be attending in 2013 in this thread as well as providing pictures from events that we have just attended, for those who could not attend.

West Coast Challengers looks forward to seeing all of you Mopar enthusiasts out there in 2013, be it at events or on the road. :thumbsup:

--------

Some of the events we have attended this year:

1. 10th Annual Tour d'Orange. January 1, 2013. Pictures. Video. (Orange County)
2. Cruisin' to the Carrier II. February 2, 2013. Pictures. (San Diego)
3. WCC Come Mod Your Car Day #7. March 10, 2013. (Irvine)
4. 8th Annual Spring Festival of LXs. March 23, 2013. Pictures. Video. (MCAS El Toro)
5. WCC Open Board Meeting. April 7, 2013. (Long Beach)
6. 8th Annual "Salute to Veterans" Parade. April 20, 2013. Pictures. Video. (Riverside)
7. Urban Ocean Festival. May 4, 2013. Aquarium of the Pacific. Pictures. (Long Beach)
8. All American Powered Car Show. May 11, 2013. (Bakersfield)
9. 13th Annual "Mopars in May" Car Show. May 19, 2013. (Riverside)
10. Movie under the Stars. May 25, 2013. Fast & Furious 6. Pictures. (Riverside)
11. 3rd Annual WCC "Cruisin' thru the Canyons". June 22, 2013. Pictures. (Los Angeles)
12. 2nd Annual WCC "Charcoal & Challengers" Club BBQ and Family Day. July 27, 2013. Pictures. (Orange County)
13. WCC Community Volunteering. Orange County Food Bank. August 3, 2013. Pictures. (Garden Grove)
14. WCC Open Board Meeting. August 17, 2013. (Long Beach)
15. 9th Annual "Mopars by the Bay" Car Show. August 24, 2013. (Monterey)
16. Ghost Run II: The Gambler. WCC Desert Road Rally and Cruise. Pictures. (Historic Route 66)
17. Fall Fling XXVIII Car Show and Swap Meet. October 26, 2013. Pictures. (Van Nuys)
18. 2nd Annual WCC Dyno Day. November 9, 2013. Pictures. (San Bernardino)

Upcoming Events:

November 23, 2013. Mecum Auto Auction. (Anaheim)
December 21, 2013. 1st Annual WCC Christmas Party. (Cerritos)
January 1, 2014. 11th Annual Tour d'Orange. (Costa Mesa)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Feb 2 where do you guys cruise from?
I'm from SD

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Feb 2 where do you guys cruise from?
I'm from SD
We will be cruising down from Orange County. Let me know if you wanna come hang with us. It wouldn't hurt you to come stretch your legs ha!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thank you to the club officers & the club members for making this such an amazing car club to be part of. The event planning is the best I have ever seen. I am so excited for the events of 2013, and the growth of the club.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
A member approached me this past week, sending in my application tomorrow! :)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Great to hear! We will keep an eye out for it!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Saturday is going to be incredible! We doubled last years attendance! That's going to be one heck of a panorama shot!
:blockhead:

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
It was great to see everyone yesterday, the club made a grand entry and blew the other groups away... but was it just me or did the event seem kinda lame? very few vendors and just not a lot going on... but that's just my opinion.....

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
It was great to see everyone yesterday, the club made a grand entry and blew the other groups away... but was it just me or did the event seem kinda lame? very few vendors and just not a lot going on... but that's just my opinion.....
I agree I expected WAY more esp it being my first year. I was expecting way more booths with merchandise drifting and track experience which there was none of. Lame. Then the debut of two brand new srt line ups which was way over hyped.

Although I did meet Ryan from west coast customs and saw some bada$$ challengers and met some cool peeps. Other than that it was just another car show.

Another good note it was good meeting all you WCC

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
408 Posts
I agree I expected WAY more esp it being my first year. I was expecting way more booths with merchandise drifting and track experience which there was none of. Lame. Then the debut of two brand new srt line ups which was way over hyped.

Although I did meet Ryan from west coast customs and saw some bada$$ challengers and met some cool peeps. Other than that it was just another car show.

Another good note it was good meeting all you WCC

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks challengeRRR. I talked to Ralph and he was quite upset that the SRT group got stuck at the SRT experience at Laguna Seca. They had an event there on the 22nd that prevented them from making SF8 after the date was changed to the 23rd. He said that would NEVER happen again so we will see them next year.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
1 - 20 of 72 Posts