Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear fellow Dodge Challenger enthusiasts:

We are proud to announce the addition of a Southern California chapter to the West Coast Challengers car club. We are a newly formed car club chapter in the SoCal area and are now actively seeking new members to join our group of devoted Dodge Challenger owners.

Being a West Coast Challenger member will allow you to meet enthusiastic people with whom you already share a common interest -- the Dodge Challenger.

We value the diversity of our club members and are committed to creating in this chapter, a club that is open and transparent; a club where its Officers are elected by the members rather than self-appointed; a club where every member's ideas, opinions and concerns count; and a club that is not only accountable but one that answers to its members upon whose devotion, integrality and dedication the club is founded.http://www.westcoastchallengers.com/images/announcement.gif

To paraphrase the great Abraham Lincoln, "That this car club shall have a new birth of freedom -- a car club of the members, by the members, for the members."

If you are enthusiastic and ready to take on some exciting new adventures, then we invite you to visit our website and learn more about us.

See: WestCoastChallengers.com

I personally look forward to talking to each of you or meeting you at our next SoCal car show or event.

Sincerely,

GregTheUPSMAN
West Coast Challengers
Southern California Chapter

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
It was a lot of hard work and long hours getting this club chapter off of the ground as Greg will attest to, but we enjoyed meeting and talking to everyone who have helped make this all possible.

We look forward to seeing you at future events. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
:werd:All I can say is :bigthumb: :redcap::thumbsup:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Mind if a Camaro owner hangs out with ya?
I'd have a Challenger SRT8 too, if I had the money and the parking space.

Cheers!
Ricamaro

...maybe 'Richallenger' someday

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, and the best way to setup a club, the round table type system has been working great out here in Texas! Know most of y'all thru here, coundnt ask for a better bunch of Cali Challenger nutcases! Getting owners together for meets/shows/cruises is allways rewarding, and worth the effort! All the best to y'all, from one of 125 equal friends/family/nuts in Texas Outlaw Challengers! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Great news to hear! The car traditions in California run deep and your lucky to have a large population of car lovers who are supportive of activities and sharing knowledge and experience. To me that's what makes this hobby so great - those who know helping those wanting to learn. You probably have many cars that really are "one of a kind creatively".
Not to mention some of the great roads to travel in the state of California. Hope I make the trec out there in the next year or two and I can meet some of your members. Best wishes with the new organization!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Congrats for the new group, should give a bit of variety out there to choose from ;) Like Moparbd said though, hopefully things don't get sour somehow, we don't want any sort of rivalry things going on between fellow Challenger owners ;)

Good luck with the new group! Hope it expands well :)

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Best of luck to u guys & hope things dont get out of control with having 2 challenger groups in SOCAL. "Cant we all just get along" :thumbsup:
I'm sure we will get along, especially after whomever wins the "last man standing" steel cage match. Lol Best of luck to you Greg.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Rivalry? No rivalry. You SCC guys can follow us into any event. :thumbsup: But seriously, maybe you SCC guys can get together enough guys so that we can have a softball game sometime.

It's all good.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Maybe get some Celebs who are Challenger and/or Mopar guys and have a charity softball game between the SCC and the West Coast Challenger clubs. This might be a great start to a yearly event. Softball Game / Car Show put on by both Challenger clubs.

Richard Weathersbee
Burgundy Weathersbee "Challenge HER" 1/2 scale Jr. Dragster driver.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind words and wishes everyone! We certainly appreciate it.

We are excited about our new club and the many things we have to offer. With the addition of Adam at Spankintime Motorsports (ST Motorsports) as a supporting vendor, our foundation is set and the sky is the limit on what we can achieve.

"hope things don't get out of control with having 2 challenger groups in SOCAL"

Two Challenger clubs in the same area isn’t any different than having two gas stations on opposite corners of the street. It’ll provide Challenger owners variety and a choice, and it gives the individual control to make his or her decision.

" Maybe get some Celebs who are Challenger and/or Mopar guys and have a charity softball game between the SCC and the West Coast Challenger clubs."

Ok, but we get Leno. You guys can have the Governor's wife. :D

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Good luck to ya guys. Leno is already Sporting SoCal Challenger colors.

I like that!!!!!!!!:guiness: I would like to fly your colors Reddog when I travel with the Swamp Monster down to So Cal!

BW

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
I like that!!!!!!!!:guiness: I would like to fly your colors Reddog when I travel with the Swamp Monster down to So Cal!

BW
You know that when you Guys come for the Spring Fest I will make that happen for you. I was talkng to Jeff about it last week and will be talking to Mike this week.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Ummm... yeah, is this a SoCal Challenger's thread? No? I didn't think so!

Greg, congtats & good luck! I wanna be a honorary member! I'll wear your colors over here in Italy! :) I just hope it's not the same initation as the Special Forces! I had to pass on that one! :lol:

Dictatorship is no fun -- like a democaracy best myself.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Congratulations to West Coast Challengers.:guiness:

7,359 Posts
Hell yeah its gonna be a freaking great time BW !!
It wouldnt be the same without you man....70T/A as well...
Its looking good BW Dave will hook us up buddy np....We spoke tonight.Funny, Dave hit it on the head"Its like we have know each other for years".We have!However now its time to meet and make history!

Looks like we are forming a wagon train for this no miss event!
So far going: DWJHOG,notsure,70 T/A,Buckwheat,possibly Warrior 7,more to be added no doubt.I cant wait to cruise the Pacific Coast Highway its been years.
BTW: The wife via work knows many Chrysler big wigs,and she is trying to see if we can get into some exclusive events if they are holding any!Ill do all I can to get blocks of tickets or invites you can count on that!

The ride home may be very cool we will try stopping in Vegas or Reno then off to Goldfield NV to take some pics at Super Souls old radio station now the Goldfield hotel..Grand Canyon,anyone??
Many photo op's no doubt!
This will be a trip of a lifetime guys hope all can make it.We aint getting any younger,lol..:browsmiley:
RT 66 here we come!

BW

1 - 20 of 144 Posts