Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I washed and pampered my girl on Saturday and brought her back onto the road on Sunday. I put down the windows and opened the sunroof for a wonderful cruise around. My issue is that when I brought her home and closed the windows the damn things were all wet on the outside :disgust: I am talking like an oil slick wet not just a few drops either.

It appears that there is a lot of water/moisture which is going down the door via the lower outside seal. Now I know I dried everything on Saturday really well so I am telling you this really peeved me.

Maybe this is normal and I just have to live with it. Maybe this is not normal and it needs to go back to the dealer to replace the rubber.

Does anyone else have this issue and if so how do you deal with it?

·
Super Moderator
16,495 Posts
That's normal - the exterior window "felt" will get damp.

Some water usually gets by the weatherstrip - there are drains at the bottom of the doors for that reason.

It will take a while for weatherstripping to dry out, since its a confined area that doesn't get much air circulation to dry it out.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....like Hal said, completely normal. Some cars do it worse than others. Actually, I find my Challenger doesn't do it as bad as some other vehicles I have/had.

I try to avoid rolling the the windows down for a couple hours after the vehicle is washed. I also keep one or two of my good window towels in the car at all times so I can wipe them down if needed. Rolling them down once after a wash and drying them can also help remove some of the water.

I also avoid rolling the windows down when they are dirty. This helps keep dirt, residue and other contamination off of the felt which may cause smearing issues down the road. I try to clean the windows in my vehicles once or at least every other day I drive the car. I hate dirty windows and I keep a small spray bottle of cleaning solution along with MF towels I use specifically for cleaning soiled glass.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks HalH and Kean for the answers. I was just really surprised that the windows would get wet still the next day so was a bit "worried" if that is the right word.

Guess I will have to keep a few more clothes in the car from on...........this is worse than having a baby I think (although no first hand experience to compare to).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts