Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen numerous oil catch can manufacturer videos for my Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7L Engine. American Brothers, JLT, BKK etc. They all seem to be similar in functionality but can anyone tell me which one works the best?

·
Super Moderator
13,951 Posts
I have the Billet Signature Series catch can, with the Z-mount bracket (for easy access), and it works great.

The catch can costs $95 but it is a quality item from Billet Technology.

Challenger 004.JPG

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
534 Posts
Your question is like asking, "what's the best way to build a fire?" Or, "which oil should I use?" Everyone has their own opinion.

I have the JLT 3.0 Oil Separator on my 392 and am pleased with the way it works. I like that it has an almost OEM look .

I've heard great things about the UPR catch can. If someone had one they were giving away, I'd take it.

Billet Technologies and Speedlogix catch cans are certainly prettier than the JLT and I hear they function well.

Moroso's looks like it's a performance/racing part and the Moroso name certainly carries a little cache. I like that it has a valve at the bottom to make emptying easy.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
362 Posts
Seen catch cans on eBay for $39...They all are pretty much the same. I dont have one but depends on what you want to spend, id think those would work just fine. That was a month ago.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
From my personal experience, they all function the same

Beware of cheap anodized cans, color will change within a few months with engine bay heat. Inwent for a powdercoated one from SX

·
Super Moderator
13,951 Posts
Seen catch cans on eBay for $39...They all are pretty much the same. I dont have one but depends on what you want to spend, id think those would work just fine. That was a month ago.
Beware of cheap catch cans. There are a number of imitation catch cans available on the market, posing as the genuine article. These imitation catch cans have little or no baffling or filtration medium, so they cannot effectively filter and condense crankcase vapors- the purpose of an oil catch can. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
319 Posts
Not all catch cans are created equally, so make sure to get a name brand and I wouldn't spend less than $90 personally. Some of the cheap knock-offs are practically empty inside and don't do anything.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
717 Posts
From my personal experience, they all function the same

Beware of cheap anodized cans, color will change within a few months with engine bay heat. Inwent for a powdercoated one from SX
The one I got from Speedlogix turned from black to purple...But actually looks good...and works well...

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
362 Posts
Not all catch cans are created equally, so make sure to get a name brand and I wouldn't spend less than $90 personally. Some of the cheap knock-offs are practically empty inside and don't do anything.
Why....they all have the same concept. Two hoses and a can. There's no moving parts. I don't have one and don't feel I need one but there are some for $50 I would get if I wanted one.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I would think the ones designed for turbo or supercharged application deal with the oil a little different, but i doubt there is much difference in design for N/A cars

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,801 Posts
I've got the UPR one that I got through Speedlogix a while ago and am happy with it. I also bought their braided steel hose kit along with it and like how they look together.

In answering your question though, the best catch can that I've seen (or have actually seen used) is one called the Mighty Mouse catch can. They aren't cheap though, but they are built nice and work well. I've actually thought about getting one just because of how they work and look. They have a built in sight glass too, so you don't have to open the can to see the amount of oil in it. He can also put together one that can support pretty much any amount of power that you make too.

MMS catch can for Challenger/Charger..........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts