Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2016 challenger Scatpack and the previous owner took all of the badges off, I’m wondering in what ways can you tell the difference between a Scatpack and a regular SXT?? Besides the sound of course

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Rims is one way, unless those were changed. Having Brembos is another, but you need to know the difference between that Scatpack version and SRT version.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,367 Posts
I recently bought a 2016 challenger Scatpack and the previous owner took all of the badges off, I’m wondering in what ways can you tell the difference between a Scatpack and a regular SXT?? Besides the sound of course
You’d have to search here as there is a website to enter your VIN# and your vehicles window sticker will appear and describe it all. Someone will chime in with the link I’m sure. Enjoy your car and the forum!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Visual, front splitter, Brembos, wheels, how the rear exhaust exits (exhaust tips and how they mount), ride height. Scat pack logo on the seats.

·
Registered
16,219 Posts
Brembos, wheels and front spoiler probably be the first things to jump out at you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
33 Posts
VIN Decode

·
Registered
16,219 Posts
Yes and the 8th character of the VIN to confirm the engjne:

G = 3.6L V6
T = 5.7L V8
J = 6.4L 392
9 = 6.2L Supercharged

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 18PCPGT

·
Super Moderator
15,450 Posts
If it is moving, you can always tell the difference in sound between a 6 cylinder and a big V8.

·
Super Moderator
17,242 Posts
The first 7 characters (more specfic is # 4 through 7) designate the model / trim level

CDZA = SXT
CDZB = R/T
CDZC = Hellcat
CDZD = SRT 392 ('15 - '18)
CDZF = Scat Pack
CDZG / CDZJ / CDZK = GT
CDZH = Demon
CDZL = Hellcat Redeye / Super Stock

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
243 Posts
Are you sure you didn't buy an SXT???

There is a huge difference between an SXT and a Scat Pack... 3.5L V6 versus 6.4L V8.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you sure you didn't buy an SXT???

There is a huge difference between an SXT and a Scat Pack... 3.5L V6 versus 6.4L V8.
I know I bought a Scatpack haha, mine is just detached so I’m trying to see if there’s another way you could tell how to figure it out! But all of you guys have helped out!! Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
The 6.4L engine under the hood would be a big clue ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
SXT has a 3.6L V6 engine with 18-in. satin carbon aluminum wheels while Scatpack has a 392 V8 SRT-HEMI
and 20-in. black noise wheels. Considering also their price difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts