Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys so I bought my scat pack last year used from a dealership and I noticed this little switch under and to the right of the steering wheel by the little holder thing. I always forget it’s there so I’ve never posted it, but I want to believe it’s just a kill switch. I’ve been wanting to try it at the worst times like at work so I never did Incase it ****ed something up as a method to prevent theft other then a regular fuel kill switch so I’m coming here to ask lol. Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
Need pics to determine what you're talking about.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Impossible for anyone to know for sure exactly what it does. You'd have to at least see where the wires run to to have some sort of idea without actually trying it. I'd have to assume it's a kill-switch though.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
It's not really possible to determine exactly what that switch is from the picture. It's much too close up for any context.
However, it appear to be under the bottom of the dashboard and it is not standard factory installed.
Did you buy the car used?

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Maybe rig it to do a fuel pump relay kill, what the dealer or previous owner hooked it up to do don't know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,951 Posts
A kill switch would generally be "hidden". But based on the installation, whoever installed it might not have thought of that.

A Guy

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Maybe it pops a mini-turret out of the trunk and turns the uconnect screen into a targeting system? Jealous..

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Maybe some aftermarket lights hidden somewhere??

·
Registered
427 Posts
Could be a kill switch, could be a switch to open up the exhaust cutouts, could be alot of things. Lol

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
If it's a kill switch, there should be a second switch that is completely hidden. If so, and you flip that toggle switch, you will be unable to start the car until the second switch is located. The best systems of this type require a magnet placed in the proper location to be able to start the engine, and are located behind a panel somewhere in the vehicle. You'll know for sure if the toggle switch is spring activated.

·
Super Moderator
12,951 Posts

A Guy

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
If it were in my car, I'd call the dealership and ask the question. When they say they have no idea (which they will), I'd mention they should know, from their records, who the previous owner was and would they be kind enough to contact him and ask.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

1 - 20 of 24 Posts