Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really would like a SRT8 Challenger.....but it would mean having to sell one of my two American cars. But which one? I have owned the Corvette (2001) for nearly 9 years. With low mileage of 27,000 miles and in superb condition, it really will be difficult to let it go.:worried:
100_3799.jpg

The Mustang (2006) I have owned for nearly 4 years. Again very low mileage of 17,000 and in near perfect condition, it too would be difficult to let go. But you know what it is like to have something new in the garage....but I do not want to regret it.:icon_confused:
100_1559.jpg

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I kind of went thru the same thing
I sold my 1970 chevelle ss 396
Now I have a car that is faster
Stops better
Has more room
I can drive everyday
More reliable
Sure it's not a classic but it's more fun to drive something everyday than walk by it in the garage to drive something else
With the two cars you have I would say bye bye mustang

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
I kind of went thru the same thing
I sold my 1970 chevelle ss 396
Now I have a car that is faster
Stops better
Has more room
I can drive everyday
More reliable
Sure it's not a classic but it's more fun to drive something everyday than walk by it in the garage to drive something else
With the two cars you have I would say bye bye mustang
post pictures, thats a hard car to part with.
Back on topic, I'd sit a while to decide if I were you. Which car more closely resembles the Challenger? Do you want 2 alike or 2 cars that different? Which car is worth more or makes you smile more when driving? Choices like this are nice to have in life. Good luck deciding.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I love a carvette bye bye stang

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I would have to say let the Stango go! The Vette has to stay!

Also look which vehicle would have more re-sale value in another 5-10 years.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Keep the stang.

I like the looks of the (2006-2010) retro Stangs. I'd make it into a high performance daily driver. Get an SRT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I have a Hyundai Veloster!!!! In all honesty I would rather sell the Veloster and run the Mustang as my DD - -but it would pain me to see the Mustang out in all weathers - especially OUR weather.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'd keep the Vette, get the Challenger and sell the Mustang. But not because any one car is better than the other: The Vette is a sports car and is not comparable to the other two in neither form or function. The Mustang is similar to the use and purpose of the SRT, the SRT outperforms it and is a better all around machine, therefore; if a choice has to be made, the Stang goes for the SRT. JMHO. Tom

·
Registered
381 Posts
Depends on where you are, how bad is your weather? If we're talking winter with sand / salt on the roads, then you definitely need to keep a winter car.

If it's just mild winter with the occasional snow but your roads are mostly bare... don't beat yourself up and just drive your "fun" car 24/7.

Personally, if I was in your shoes I'd keep the Veloster and get an SRT. Both the 'Stang and Corvette are not enough of a "niche" car, nor have enough "oomph" to keep the grin plastered on my face. However, they might be more rare where you are (I'm guessing Europe based on the plates) and therefore worth keeping. Here, there's as many Corvettes and Mustangs on the road as there are Camrys.

The current SRTs are damned great at the price point.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I'd keep the Vette, get the Challenger and sell the Mustang. But not because any one car is better than the other: The Vette is a sports car and is not comparable to the other two in neither form or function. The Mustang is similar to the use and purpose of the SRT, the SRT outperforms it and is a better all around machine, therefore; if a choice has to be made, the Stang goes for the SRT. JMHO. Tom
Exactly. And cmon...park the vette next to the mustang and tell me which one looks better

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
540 Posts
Obviously trade the Mustang.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
if they are both paid off why get rid of either? unless it's a space in the garage issue. buy a good car cover for the stang and keep it in the driveway and garage the vette and challenger

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I'd sell the vette. That's not a great year, or body style.its not really worth that much either,even with low mileage

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Sell the Stang and the vette buy a brand new 392 and then SC and build the engine and have a field day lol

But if you can only pick one, sell the stang.

Shifty

·
Registered
540 Posts
If you let the Stang out, you'll probably give a young man his first muscle car. The Vette, not so much. Think of the children!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts