Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was browsing around seeing what's in store for 2012 & I came upon the new New Beetle. It immediately reminded me of another iconic German product. If it has some performance to back up its appearance, it would be fun to get a black or silver one, put some wide classic Porsche style wheels/tires & an old school whale tail on it. I've attached a comparison... what do you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
IMHO, not even close. The Porsche has more hood and less rear. The Beetle is pretty much the same front and rear.

I did notice something though, it appears as though the new Beetle will have dual stripes on it like the 392 Challengers.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMHO, not even close. The Porsche has more hood and less rear. The Beetle is pretty much the same front and rear.

I did notice something though, it appears as though the new Beetle will have dual stripes on it like the 392 Challengers.
Of course, they're not identical, but I'm referring to the longer hood & raked rear. If you look at the current Beetle, that's the same front & rear.

Dual stripes? That makes my idea even more appealing. Silver with black stripes! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
na schoen,
more like the '38 that Dr. Porsche created.

Awesome... I would drive that.

I always loved the Beetles, had a friend that was restoring one. It was amazing how many parts and even the over all chassis design was in essence identical to a 911. The interior door handles, the steeling wheel, the suspension setup, engine placement. it was the poor mans 911. Those things still turn my head when I see one- the Beetle that is... the 911? meh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts