Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Mopar Nationals this weekend and WOW!!!!! My first drag race and it was amazing. I have been to other motor sport events Nascar, Truck series and a Indy car event when I was younger, but folks let me tell you this was by for the best motor sport event I have ever been to. If you have ever thought about going do it you will love it. TV does not do these beast justice. The concussion that you feel when they leave from the light is amazing just cant explain. Only bad thing was no Mopars won that really sucked. And if your significant other is not into Motor sport events they will not like this. My wife was a trooper and toughed it out because she knows I love motor sports. The Mopar displays were awesome they had a Hellcat Charger and then two Demons (white, red) these things look beautiful. The prior days Sat I think they put them up against each other and even at that altitude still ran 9's amazing. I loved just walking around looking at the displays and then you see the drivers like it nothing "hey what's up" just really down to earth people. And to be able to watch these guys and gals rip them apart and put them back together mind blowing really. This was one of my bucket list items and I want to do it again. And also did the track walk that was pretty cool just make sure you wear tieable shoes because the track was super sticky and they will try to rip off your feet lol. Here is some pictures I hope. well it wont let me attach pics something about missing something who knows.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
I had to miss recent Mopar Nationals to my disappointment, but I did go to previous two years and loved it! Glad you enjoyed yourself here in Colorado. You are right it was amazing how some cars can still run under 10s with the high altitude! Mopar or no car!

Looks forward to seeing your pictures.

·
Registered
694 Posts
dale:
couldn't agree with you more. been going to nhra since came back to st louis. this year late sept. there is really no way to describe how much fun it is & the smell of nitro & burning rubber assaulting you whole body including some g force when they take off. the pits during time trials or race day are just amazing, the drivers are so approachable it's amazing. a true high point of my year every year. last year was in pits & they were doing a warmup of i think fast jacks car & the wind change & the exhaust hit us standing close. now i know why they where gas masks, my eyes watered forever. a friend of mine who goes to the one in pa gave me a hint as normally i'm around the start line. if you go sat wait till dark & go down to the finish line. it's truly an amazing site of the fireballs coming down the track, sounding like runaway locomotives. truly unbelievable. the seats aren't cheap & you're packed like sardines & traffic is messy but is just the best!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts