Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at getting a set of door projectors but saw that interior bulbs need to be the canbus type in order to work right. Since the door projectors will be tapped in to the interior light circuit will they work if they are not canbus?

·
Registered
285 Posts
What is a door projector? Projectors refer to the type of aiming for the headlights (versus just a reflector). That and I don't think there is a canbus light. You can even use LEDs in these cars with no problem.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Door projectors shine some sort of emblem on the ground when you open the door. You can google it or look on ebay for examples. I have seen another post here where someone had trouble with led map lights because they were not canbus compliant.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In particular, if you search for challenger door projector on ebay you will see the scripted challenger badge one that I am considering.

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
door projectors and cannabis??

bad mix!!!

you dont drive anywhere, you just sit and go "WOW Dude - the colors - the colors are ....like....TALKING to me!!

just joking but if I was you I would shoot an emakil to Oracle and ask them

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know, whatever, I went ahead and bought them. If I have any problems I'll let it be known in this thread. Like a month from now. 'Cause they're coming from China. On a slow boat.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I installed them last fall and just spliced into the courtesy light circuit at the passenger A-post. No problems doing it that way.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Another good power wire to tap is located under the front seats for rear leds - on 2008-2011 Challengers.

Ended up getting the blue Mopar ones off ebay - 4th generation models for $22. Mounted mine under the foot well covers since the floor mat areas are always so dark at night.

2 X Latest LED 4th gen Car door Welcome laser projector Logo light For Mopar
2 X Latest LED 4th gen Car door Welcome laser projector Logo light For Mopar | eBay

·
Banned
3 Posts
In according to me,Can bus is a reflector light especially fitted inside the big lights,I also have attached the reflector light out side my car using in the night.you must attached that light many another things.It is very famous and popular all over the world.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Any chance we could see a picture of those lighting up the foot wells? Sounds like a cool idea.

Another good power wire to tap is located under the front seats for rear leds - on 2008-2011 Challengers.

Ended up getting the blue Mopar ones off ebay - 4th generation models for $22. Mounted mine under the foot well covers since the floor mat areas are always so dark at night.

2 X Latest LED 4th gen Car door Welcome laser projector Logo light For Mopar | eBay

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Any chance we could see a picture of those lighting up the foot wells? Sounds like a cool idea.
Doing some work under the dash areas and have the foot-well panels out at the moment - will post lights in the future.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

How long do yours stay on? Mine kick on and off after awhile because they have thermal switches to keep them from overhearing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts