Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I pull into this parking lot, not realizing the height of the curb ahead of me and yup I nailed it with the front spoiler. The spoiler is history, plus it looks as though a couple of the mounting tabs on the bumper guard/shroud that the spoiler connects to have sheared off. Anyone out there had this unfortunate experience? I looking for some direction on the ease of replaced/repairing this part. I have already ordered the spolier, $80. But my major concern is the shroud and remounting the spoiler to it. The cost of a new shroud was quoted as $685 without paint! Any after market books that describe working on the exterior of these cars? For example r&r of the front shroud?

Thanks in advance for any help!

One sad Challenger owner!!!

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,735 Posts
Ground clearance is one reason I have reservation about lowering my R/T. Yes, the wheel wells will look much better and handling should be improved, but worrying about taking out the lower front end with something's another story.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Of course a complete replacement would be the best plan but if the car is a driver and you can't really see the damage, I would probably try to figure out a way to make some new tabs and attach them. You can always get total replacement the next time something happens.

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
Rookie mistake... lol.

That sucks man, that's why I adopted a rule a long time ago; ALWAYS BACK INTO YOUR PARKING SPOTS!

The back end is high enough to clear almost any kind of curb, parking block, etc and then some... i've crunched enough front ends of my old cars to learn my lesson.

(even the ONE time I was being lazy and pulled my Caliber SRT-4 into a parking spot frontwards EVEN THOUGH I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE, sure enough... SCRAAAAAAAAAPE)

MOTHER FUNKTER... I was angry. Only had myself to blame... So I returned to my fanatical parking regime and never pulled in frontwards again. :browsmiley:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course a complete replacement would be the best plan but if the car is a driver and you can't really see the damage, I would probably try to figure out a way to make some new tabs and attach them. You can always get total replacement the next time something happens.

Next time something happens... let's hope not. Thanks for the attachment, but hard to see. Can you reveal the source?

Thx Stan

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Next time something happens... let's hope not. Thanks for the attachment, but hard to see. Can you reveal the source?

Thx Stan
From the 09 Challenger Service manual. If you save the file to your PC and open with Paint or such you can enlarge it. Still a little blurry but readable. Sorry for the quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts