Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2009 R/T 6-speed...

just recently put new wheels and tires on my car and really want to lower it just a hair...maybe an inch would work. so i went on to eibach's site and noticed that you have to buy new shocks to replace the Nivomats that came on my car. more money than i want to spend to just lower the stance a bit, but i've also heard that pedders makes lowering springs that are compatible with the Nivomats? I am having a hell of a time finding people that have used them or pictures of the pedders lowering springs on an R/T with nivomats.

i'm sure this is a no no, but could i get away with just lowering the front an inch while leaving the rear alone? how bad would that throw the car out of balance? i'm not looking for cornering ability with this car, but i dont want to make it unsafe to drive obviously.

looking for any suggestions other than to buy new shocks...i was all excited to see lowering springs would be pretty cheap, but then saw the Nivomat BS and not sure what to do now

Thank you for any input.

EDIT: I did find these https://pedders.com/collections/springs/products/sports-ryder-lowering-spring-kit-chrysler-lx-2005-2012-self-leveling-suspension
any thoughts to how these would work or how it looks?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,112 Posts
Are you certain you have nivomats? Not all manual RTs had them

Circled in white are the nivomats

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts
'09 M6 R/Ts definitely had Nivomats on the rear corners - you'll have to replace those to achieve lowering.

I can tell yours has them as by the large tire / fender gaps. The tires on the car are 265/50-18" in both images.

Here's my before / after on the rear - I had installed 2" Eibach lowering springs on mine (and the Eibach dampers on all 4 corners)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Why not cut a coil, your not out anything if you don't like it for what ever reason, specially if your looking to buy new springs anyways and looking to spend money. I have cut coils on 2 challengers so far, non issue for me.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after doing a bunch of research over the last few days, i ended up just going with the Eibach Pro Kit....1.7in drop with their dampers. figured I might as well change the fronts too since you have to disassemble the shock to get the spring on there and i only want to do that once.

the black hole of spending money on my cars continues! :)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'09 M6 R/Ts definitely had Nivomats on the rear corners - you'll have to replace those to achieve lowering.

I can tell yours has them as by the large tire / fender gaps. The tires on the car are 265/50-18" in both images.

Here's my before / after on the rear - I had installed 2" Eibach lowering springs on mine (and the Eibach dampers on all 4 corners)

I shouldnt have any problems with the Pro Kit (springs and dampers) from Eibach with rubbing or anything will I? the kit i got says it lowers it 1.7in front and back. I have the 275/40-20s up front and 305/35-20s in the rear.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Post a picture please!

I shouldnt have any problems with the Pro Kit (springs and dampers) from Eibach with rubbing or anything will I? the kit i got says it lowers it 1.7in front and back. I have the 275/40-20s up front and 305/35-20s in the rear.
How did this work out for you?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here is another shot. side profile.

Attachments