Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be going to the track 1-2 x a month. Plan on putting 18x10 inch rims on the back. I've read the Mickey Thompson ET's are awful in wet weather (I don't want to have to change tires for the track). Nitto 555's don't seem to have great reviews. What's the best track/street tire out there? Mostly street. Thx.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have Nitto 555Rs for drag racing. I use the 315/35R20s, but I previously had the 275/40R20s. I have no complaints. I never have any wheel spin and they handle the trips to and from the track just fine. I don't run with them every day, usually just to and from the track, but when I haven't had time to change them I have driven on the street with them for up to a week without any issues. I have also heard people using them 100% of the time on the street without issue, but I think they don't go to the track as often. You could also get 555Rs for the back and regular 555s for the front. The tread patterns match and you'll have less rolling resistance up front. I know a lot of people will complain they have issues at the track with Nittos, but I haven't seen any of the issues people have talked about. However, I'm only putting 402 rwhp to the ground, and I'm not running a supercharger. I'm sure the 18s will be even better for you at the track since there's more sidewall for flexing. So long as you get some smoke in your burnouts to get the rubber sticky, they hook just fine. (See my avatar for reference.) :burnout: I don't have any info on other brands, but I offer my two cents. :)

BTW, I got about 100 runs at the track with my first set of 555Rs. Probably could've gotten 120 runs, but I swapped them anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts