Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,356 Posts
those look like covers for the front strut tower nuts. (if they're the small size) - I had to use double-sided tape stuff into them, as they wouldn't catch the threads on the stud.
there would be three per side, for a total of six for a complete set.

There are larger versions that thread onto the strut stud.

(the black plastic covers are removed to install either of those items).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i will just use tape to stick them on as he has a bar going from one strut to another (im not car savy) im trying my best, this was his baby, he put a new air intake and exhast on it as well as some other things i need a mechanic to tell me what was done, he also used some "diablo" to modify the computer, would the be why the car only gets 12mpg?

·
Super Moderator
15,356 Posts
Thanks, i will just use tape to stick them on as he has a bar going from one strut to another (im not car savy) im trying my best, this was his baby, he put a new air intake and exhast on it as well as some other things i need a mechanic to tell me what was done, he also used some "diablo" to modify the computer, would the be why the car only gets 12mpg?
Okay - that's a Strut Tower Brace that you're describing.

Depending on which model the R/T has the 5.7 engine and the R/T Scat Pack would have the Scat Pack Bee Logos (if a non-Shaker model has the Bees with 6.4L under them).

The 5.7 engines would have the large gray / black engine cover (if it wasn't removed) - engine blocks are black color on 5.7s

the 6.4 engines have the 392 Hemi or Powered by SRT covers on the engine and the block is painted orange (if you look between alternator and below the upper radiator hose)

the 6.4 would get lower mileage around town, and especially if you drive with a heavy right foot.

The tuning could play into that as well.

PS: the 5.7 model have 160MPH speedometers and the 6.4 models have 180MPH speedometers as a quick tell -tale

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

this is the engine, so the low gas mileage is normal? I spoke to someone who did the tune for my father with the diablo and said he put it on performance, i wonder if there was a lower setting so i could atleast drive the car and now have to put gas in every day.

By looking at this do you know what the car would be worth? The interior is all leather. it only has 11K miles on it

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,356 Posts
What I can tell:

R/T Plus, automatic, has Super Track Pack (suspension, plus the STP buttons on console and paddle shifters)
Torred Paint and the Pearl / Black leather interior (optional interior color)
-R/T hood stripe was extra cost option

there's some other options
>Driver Convenience Group [does car have the small triangle lights in mirrors?]
>Technology Group (if this car has this, it would have the radar "eye" in lower grille, plus the buttons on steering wheel for the Adaptive Cruise Control)
>Navigation?
>Sunroof
>audio options - there were two available "Alpine" badges door speakers on Sound Group II and "Harmon Kardon" on grilles, plus the dual subs in trunk well if equipped.
(base audio would not have the small round speakers in rear interior trim panels as another thing to look for)

You could go to nada.com and input what options, year, mileage and it will show the range of prices depending on condition and region.

Modifications don't add to resale value that much. The bolted on plate on the console above the buttons is a modification that might detract from some buyers

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
688 Posts
You might get around $28k to the right buyer. Should move fast for $25k. A dealer will probably try to offer less than $20k and sell for $30k.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
688 Posts
It is common for the MPG gauge to read incorrectly once the car has been tuned. The actual fuel mileage doesn?t change much unless there are major modifications done to the car. Reset the odometer and see how many miles you can get out of a tank of fuel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What I can tell:
=
there's some other options
>Driver Convenience Group [does car have the small triangle lights in mirrors?] yes
>Technology Group (if this car has this, it would have the radar "eye" in lower grille, plus the buttons on steering wheel for the Adaptive Cruise Control) yes
>Navigation? yes
>Sunroof yes
>audio options - there were two available "Alpine" badges door speakers on Sound Group II and "Harmon Kardon" on grilles, plus the dual subs in trunk well if equipped. no subs in trunk
- alpine.. it also has new rims
plate above buttons just sits there not screwed in

·
Super Moderator
15,356 Posts
Is there something covering the air cleaner? Like a nylon bag or something?
that a pre-filter sock to help catch larger particles before they get to the cone filter element. I've seen these on import models more frequently than for domestic brands.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad passing.

Sounds like he was an enthusiast. If you can manage, you should keep it...would be a nice remberanece

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I think Dad liked to go fast. You should be able to get it tuned to stock and realize much better mpg. Should be doing much better in that regard. It is one sharp car though. You should be able to get that back to stock mpg and have much fun. Just keep the things, in case you get the bug too! Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
15,356 Posts
are you sure that is not red line red?
It could be until there's high res shots w/ flash up close or a close up in sun. The color in the shade it could be, but not clear enough.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts