Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys using to make the black really shine on your GWE srt rims???

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Are you referring to the polished aluminum and painted wheels?

If so then the black is paint so you really cannot do much except to wash and wax, at least that is what I have been told my numerous sources.

BTW - these wheels were first on the 2010 SRT8 Furious Fuchsia...........go ahead and ask me how I know............:laugh:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the ff wheels. Just seems like I'm seeing pics of them shining/popping and I'm having trouble getting mine to.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
If I am "dressing" mine up I have used a Quick Detailer after having them completely dry. I am thinking about buying and testing one of the Adam's Polishes wax products but not sure yet.

BTW - I tried for quite a while to get detailed care instructions on these wheels but no one was really able to tell me much. They are a bit different because of the polished alum and painted pockets. From what I can understand there is no real "one" product that will work for them

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx for the info and gimme a shout if u find something and I'll do same.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If I am "dressing" mine up I have used a Quick Detailer after having them completely dry. I am thinking about buying and testing one of the Adam's Polishes wax products but not sure yet.

BTW - I tried for quite a while to get detailed care instructions on these wheels but no one was really able to tell me much. They are a bit different because of the polished alum and painted pockets. From what I can understand there is no real "one" product that will work for them
try Adams Brilliant glaze...stuff is AWESOME!!!

·
Vendor
348 Posts
I've got a ton of Adams stuff but never messed with the Brilliant glaze. i'll have to order a bottle and try it on the wheels myself. I have the FF/GWE wheels

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess I'm trying this Adams stuff

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I just wash them (good soap,water & boars hair wheel brush) & after use Adams detail spray & I get this shiney look:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
It's like a matte black with clear coat on them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What really makes your rim job shine....???

Is this a trick question ??!?!?!!
I think u really gotta get in there and clean it out. Make it shine

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just an update: used the Adams Brilliant Glaze and it's looking pretty good!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts