Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to know what the bolt sizes are to mount a 3.6L Pentastar to an engine stand?

·
Premium Member
4,173 Posts
Does anyone happen to know what the bolt sizes are to mount a 3.6L Pentastar to an engine stand?
Here is the best info I could find but I would verify. Good luck!
M12 x 1.75 @ 100mm length. (4X

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The bellhousing bolts are listed as M10x1.50. But if you have any of your bellhousing bolts laying around you can measure them to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,876 Posts
Believe they are M10x1.50x45.00

Something that may help in your endeavor

A Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Believe they are M10x1.50x45.00

Something that may help in your endeavor

A Guy
The bellhousing bolts are listed as M10x1.50. But if you have any of your bellhousing bolts laying around you can measure them to be sure.
Thanks y’all it was 4 M10x1.50’s. Had to get the 90mm length to get it to sit on the stand.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,876 Posts
So, what's the plan? Have been waiting for someone to get into the block and not just bolt ons for power

A Guy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, what's the plan? Have been waiting for someone to get into the block and not just bolt ons for power

A Guy
As of right now, it’s a mock-up block that’ll be paired will the soon ported set of cylinder heads I have to have a custom intake designed for it (thinking more of an LS intake design but in a j-shape). Hoping to get the cams custom grinded as well to get actual gains and not a ghost cam.

Due to my elevation in New Mexico, the most the engine is going to see is 8 psi. So the engine won’t ever see anything really dangerous. The most I’m going to do is put ARP headstuds and Rod bolts from 505 Performance (might try to get the main cap bolts made by ARP too) and stick .50 overbore Speed-Pro Pistons off of Summit.

I don’t think stroking the engine is really possible unless you get a set of cylinder sleeves such as Darton’s custom made.

If I’m lucky I think I’d be at least over the 500 whp range, maybe 550 whp?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice. Would be a real plot twist if that was going into that 3rd gen Camaro you have there.
Haha, yeah that’d be quite a sight seeing a pentastar in a IROC-Z. That’s what’s getting worked on once I’m happy with the Challenger.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,876 Posts
Will they be porting the big exhaust port? Extrude Honing? You going to add Prodigy's Block Guards, or not worth it for only 8 lbs? Keep us updated if you will, I've always been curious what kind of power increases would come from not just bolting on the supercharger, but the Full Monty of Pistons, Ported intakes, Ported heads, especially the exhaust port, custom grind cams for boost, larger less restrictive head pipes, etc.

Shame you can't benefit from increased boost? 15 lbs and forged pistons, along with the above would seem to show the full capabilities, unless you include E85, meth, spraying N₂O, twin turbos, etc.

A Guy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will they be porting the big exhaust port? Extrude Honing? You going to add Prodigy's Block Guards, or not worth it for only 8 lbs? Keep us updated if you will, I've always been curious what kind of power increases would come from not just bolting on the supercharger, but the Full Monty of Pistons, Ported intakes, Ported heads, especially the exhaust port, custom grind cams for boost, larger less restrictive head pipes, etc.

Shame you can't benefit from increased boost? 15 lbs and forged pistons, along with the above would seem to show the full capabilities, unless you include E85, meth, spraying N₂O, twin turbos, etc.

A Guy
Not really sure what they would do there, planning to have them sent to CFM Performance for their Stage 4 port job. From what I read, block guards are restricting of coolant flow past the cylinders into the heads causing some problems. So sleeves would be the way to go but I don’t feel are needed at this point.

The other problem is that I wouldn’t necessarily be able to reach 15 psi with the supercharger. The pulley that Ripp sends with their kit is the 2.87” and if you go any lower you overspin the blower. I had ordered the Vortech 2.62” but had it sent back for this reason. Can’t change the diameter of the crank pulley either for same reason, I even contacted Unorthodox Racing about it.

The car has the AFD Flex Fuel system on it currently. I feel like throwing NOS or Water-Meth Injection on would be overkill for what I can do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts