• Cutouts

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Banned
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People are always looking for advice on what brand exhaust to buy, so I thought a thread like this would be helpful.

So if you don't mind, take the time to answer the poll, and then reply with the exact setup, and your thoughts. If you have a video, feel free to post!

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Left out Blastin' Bobs! :)

Love the sound, hate the drone.

Heavily considering Solo, which is also missing and popular. Also considering B&B/Billy Boat.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I switched from Borla to Zoomers two years ago and MY GOSHHHHHHH, I couldn't believe how much better the Zoomers sounded. To me it has the best old school muscle car sound. It's a very smooth and deep tone which is intoxicating to listen to. Best of all I have never had any drone associated with the system. If you want your car to have presence get this exhaust. Perfect sound balance.... not too loud, and not quiet at all.

Once I installed the Zoomers I did not use the factory stereo any longer. It's that good to listen to.

It does flutter when fully warmed up however you can only hear it if you are standing behind the car. Personally it kind of sounds good, like a snarl if you will. :up_to_something:

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Stock, and it's just right for me.

I'm not going to spend big bucks to have my head throbbing on a road trip. All muscle cars didn't come from the factory LOUD in the old days.

People can see me coming and going, they don't need to hear what I'm up to. LOL

As a side note, my neighbor just bought a new Camaro with the "dual mode" exhaust. Just a little rumble at idle and low speeds, but when she starts "rapping up", it's got a nice growl to it.

Not sure how GM does this, but it's a thought that could be looked into by Chrysler or an aftermarket company.

Guess I'm just too old for the full time LOUD.

1,931 Posts
Corsa Extreme...I have bought at least 10 different catbacks brands over the last 8 years for 5 different vehicles (1-RT, 3-SRT8, 1-SRT10)...the Corsa is the best I have had with no drone. The next vehicle I put a catback on will get a Corsa...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Now, remember, according to some logic, I don't even own a Challenger that has maybe 2500 miles on it. Just bear that in mind.

Borla baybee. Got the rumble I like and when I hit the gas it has that canvas-ripping sound like no other. 400 mile road trips are no issue whatsoever. Won't say it doesn't drone if I don't do anything about it, but since it's so easy to do something about it it's a silly complaint.
Mine is a 5.7L with an automatic that I've had SRT shorty headers installed on, with Solo midpipes with hi-flow cats and the SRT Borla ATAK exhaust. As it's gotten some miles on it it's mellowed a bit and sounds even better than it did when it was first put on. ( IT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE A PICKUP TRUCK DENISE)

Who cares what all muscle cars did or didn't come from the factory with 40 years ago? Take advantage of the technological advances available to you today!

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Now, remember, according to some logic, I don't even own a Challenger that has maybe 2500 miles on it. Just bear that in mind.

Borla baybee. Got the rumble I like and when I hit the gas it has that canvas-ripping sound like no other. 400 mile road trips are no issue whatsoever. Won't say it doesn't drone if I don't do anything about it, but since it's so easy to do something about it it's a silly complaint.
Mine is a 5.7L with an automatic that I've had SRT shorty headers installed on, with Solo midpipes with hi-flow cats and the SRT Borla ATAK exhaust. As it's gotten some miles on it it's mellowed a bit and sounds even better than it did when it was first put on. ( IT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE A PICKUP TRUCK DENISE)

Who cares what all muscle cars did or didn't come from the factory with 40 years ago? Take advantage of the technological advances available to you today!
Well, since you're into "some logic" Ed, you better be happy with $3k invested into it. LOL

That's all that matters bud.:laugh:

I won't ask what HP gain you received for $3k, don't want to get you twisted again. :)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Dynomax VT and it's not an option above. Very happy with them.

·
Registered
880 Posts
AERO TURBINE AT3030 -not listed above

Love the sound. I say it sounds like a angry bear when it roars. On highway sounds stock unless you put some rpms behind, WOT beast mode erupts.

Had on.my marauder and it sounds the same. YouTube, Mercury Marauder Aero Turbine to hear exhaust.

Still have yet to hear zoomers in person...

·
Registered
929 Posts
I don't really know what hp or torque gains I made. Don't really care. It wasn't why I did it in the first place. But if I'm gonna supercharge this motor I will have had to put the money into it now or later. May as well do it now.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
MBRP but its not listed

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I have a '13 SRT8 6speed. At about 2,000 miles on the clock I went with Magnaflow Competition series with my stock tips. 1,000 miles later and this thing sounds dope!! A buddy of mine, been wrenching 30 years or so, said he liked them for lots of reasons. So after hearing a boat load of cheesy sound clips on my iPad, I went with his advice.

First let me state they are made so well. The integrity of the product is second to none. The welds are like a mechanics art work. The mufflers shine like a mirror as they are joined with that big ass "X" pipe.

Removal of the stock system went fine. Installation of the product was a breeze. I used soapy water on the rubber hangers and all went well. Everything lined up perfectly.

Now the fun part! First start up of the day or a cold start and it actually sounds like, well, 470 Hemispherical horses should! Big giant balls! After it's warmed up believe it or not it is VERY quiet when at idle. As you drive and accelerate easily you hear it. Go a little harder, you hear it more. Drop the hammer, yeah, how ya doing!! Muscle car sound no mistaking! I love it. Oh and did I mention rev matching when down shifting? Sounds just great, turns heads, but not in an annoying way. There is nothing about this exhaust that is annoying. Quiet when you want it, loud,(not obnoxious), when you want it.

Now, the hotly debated drone phenomenon. Hold on to your hats folks cause there barely isn't any. That's right. None. I mean I can make it drone if I'm in top gear, RPMs down about 1500-2000, under load, up a grade and so on. But honestly there really is no drone issue here.

One minor negative thing. I torqued everything down to 65 ft/pounds as per directions. Rechecked 100 miles later. Got just a tad bit of a turn with the torque wrench. I noticed that I have an exhaust leak from where the system bolts up to the cat pipes. Put a little more of a turn on them but don't want to start shearing bolts. Called the company. They picked up on the second ring! Excellent service. Guy said give it a thousand miles. If it still leaks a bit call back, he has some ideas. It looks like it is very very small now. So we will see.

Sorry this was so long, but I'm very pleased with my Magnaflow Comps cat back. With so many choices, vids, pics, I'm glad I did it right the first time. Good luck to all.

PS- If you need one more real small thing to put you over the edge about this system, it comes with two little stickers, one of them the Magnaflow Muffler Man! Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
43 Posts
Corsa Exhaust System

I have to say this system gives her a NASTY bark!!! and when your not on the hammer there is zero drone at all. Also, when you step on it, the sound is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. It is actualy a Mopar exhaust system, but it is made by Corsa. All and all, I would personaly recomend it any day of the week.. Thats all I have to say.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
I switched from Borla to Zoomers two years ago and MY GOSHHHHHHH, I couldn't believe how much better the Zoomers sounded. To me it has the best old school muscle car sound. It's a very smooth and deep tone which is intoxicating to listen to. Best of all I have never had any drone associated with the system. If you want your car to have presence get this exhaust. Perfect sound balance.... not too loud, and not quiet at all.

Once I installed the Zoomers I did not use the factory stereo any longer. It's that good to listen to.

It does flutter when fully warmed up however you can only hear it if you are standing behind the car. Personally it kind of sounds good, like a snarl if you will. :up_to_something:
^^What he said.^^

·
Registered
20 Posts
Zoomers all the way, you can have a conversation anywhere near or inside the car at normal volume, while it's running! it's a little more aggressive sounding than the Corsa and that's why I went with Zoomers instead and also ZERO drone, unless you try to make it happen. A muscle car should have some growl at idle, stock doesn't cut it at the stop light.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I went with Kooks headers and hi flo mids with stock SRT 6 spd cat back. Sounds awesome and zero drone at 1800 rpm for those long hauls.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Jba catback on my 2013 M6. Sounds great, I've been using magna flows on my past two hemi rams.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
2012 R/T 6 speed. Stock exhaust. I love the sound of the car but want it louder. I'm considering the resonator delete. I love the stock noise of the Hemis, didn't matter if it was my 03 QC hemi, my 09 auto challenger, or my current '12 R/T 6 speed. Gotta say, the 6 speed sounds the best but they all sound great. Only thing that I don't like is the VVTi. The pre-VVTi Hemis sound awesome with a cam and you can't make a VVTi motor lope like that.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts