Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get under my Challenger to install a skip shift on my FF 6 speed and need to know what brand of metal ramps will let me drive up and clear the front spoiler. Has anyone used ramps that will clear the front spoiler AND also let me back up on the same ramps and not scrape the front spoiler. I want to do a blastinbob install as well as install a CURT trailer hitch I bought. I'd appreciate anyone who has first hand knowledge of the correct ramps to buy. I have a floor jack but I don't really want to buy jack stands and balance the car on them while I work under the car. Looking for some not too expensive ramps.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I use these and they are great and very strong. I back my diesel truck onto them with the race car trailer attached to get the rear of the trailer pointed down and they don't flinch. Have had my Challenger on them a number of times. Haven't tried backing onto them though.

Blitz 765-11905 RhinoRamps 12000 lb. Plastic Platforms - Pair#

·
Registered
977 Posts
I use these....

But, they lead to this...........

It only took 40 years but I got one.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
lmao hemi57 ..... Thats what I want ....

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
2x10's screwed together 4 high mitered on one end to accept a 2x10 screwed on approach. Works perfect and will never fail, unless you've got termites. I don't like metal or poly ramps.

·
Registered
585 Posts
LetsJet, you've been served!! in typical CT full gammet style. no doubt metal rules, I use rhino 12k's but back the exit side up with a adjstbl stand in case I hear any note worthy noises. 3-4 trips under your belt it comes ole hat

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I picked up a set of Rhino ramps 12,000lbs today at O'Reilly Auto parts for $50, thanks for the tip!

·
Banned
903 Posts
Hemi57, Man the shop is bad to da bone and I'm sure long awaited and deserved.

Drinkcoke, Hopefully in a couple weeks I will be doing my coil overs and was wondering if my SRT8 would clear my Rhino ramps after lowering the front about 1 inch, looks like I'll be cutting me some pieces of 2x10's. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I Do NOT mean to jack this thread... but you asked

You mean my shop... (40x75)

I needed a place to park this in....
Yes, your shop...I was just being funny, that is quite awesome, thanks for the pictures. I almost like looking at garage pics more than car pics!:)

·
Registered
977 Posts
I forgot to add that I also needed a place to work on my other project... 83 Monte Carlo SS

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
I inherited a set of the old metal ramps. Does anyone know if these will work? Are they even safe?
They're probably fine as far as safety goes, but my old metal ramps were too high with too short a ramp for my '09 R/T. The air dam hit before the front tires even got to them. Maybe yours are different. Just have someone watch for you.

I picked up some RhinoRamps that are only about 7" high at Advance Auto for ~$40? that work well for oil changes, skip shift install and other front work. They're much lighter than my old metal ones and have a rubber block at the end of the ramp that keeps them from scooting forward. Very happy with them!

To install my Blastin' Bob's I jacked the rear up with a floor jack and lowered it onto jack stands. I left the floor jack up on one side and added 3rd jack stand to the other for added safety.

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
I Do NOT mean to jack this thread... but you asked

You mean my shop... (40x75)
Dude! (Does anyone say that anymore besides me and Randy Jackson?)
That is one NICE garage! If it was mine I be tempted to move in!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts