Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a 2021 indigo blue SXT and I want to add a few things to make it stand out and to look a bit less stock for lack of a better word. I’m planning on getting new wheels, I’m also dechroming the car and I tinted my side markers, is there anything else I could do that isn’t fairly common?

·
Premium Member
2021 SPWB Shaker A8
714 Posts
The great thing about Challengers is the staggering array of options to customize.

Decals, louvers, tints, custom badges, custom wheels, colored LEDs, the list goes on forever

Start out going to Speedlogix and browse their Challenger section, you'll find a lot of dressup options and they're a great company.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Lowering springs
Rear diffuser
Wickerbill spoiler
Side skirts
Hood wrapped satin black
Merrick Motorsports headlight inserts
Different wheels

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
354 Posts
You bought a Challenger, you're already going to stand out in the sea of look-a-like SUV's. Keep the chrome, blacking it out will make it blend in.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
1,602 Posts
Develop a vision of how you picture the car finished. Then work to achieve that goal. That way there is cohesiveness to the finished project. That, in my humble opinion, is what separates a lot of cars at shows. Nothing worse than buying wheels that won't look or fit right if you plan on lowering the car. Make a plan, execute the plan, reap the rewards😉

·
Registered
7 Posts
While I realized the mods I’ve done are fairly common, the reasons I planned on dechroming all of jt is simply because I’m not a fan of chrome in general and I feel like black accents compliment it well and I just simply don’t like the way chrome looks but I’ve always had this idea of something like mustang euros but challenger taillights and it’s not necessarily described that way that’s just the way I could think of describing it as but that’s a project that I will figure out

Where the taillights would be LEDs that are white when turned off

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
29,022 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I've not seen any of the clear lens tail lights for Challenger. You can get Indigo tail light trim

Don't be afraid to do the common things if you really like them. Window tint, rear reflector tint, tail light divider decal, headlight rings. You can also do the SRT style front splitter, rear diffuser, wickerbill or Performance OEM spoiler. Splash guards, black or colored lug nuts. Wheels as you mentioned is where you can really do something different. Style, color, etc. Most everything will have been done before, and many will be common both because they look good, and because it's what is made for our cars. As mentioned, if you have a look in mind, then try to find as many things available that can achieve it

A Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I've not seen any of the clear lens tail lights for Challenger. You can get Indigo tail light trim

Don't be afraid to do the common things if you really like them. Window tint, rear reflector tint, tail light divider decal, headlight rings. You can also do the SRT style front splitter, rear diffuser, wickerbill or Performance OEM spoiler. Splash guards, black or colored lug nuts. Wheels as you mentioned is where you can really do something different. Style, color, etc. Most everything will have been done before, and many will be common both because they look good, and because it's what is made for our cars. As mentioned, if you have a look in mind, then try to find as many things available that can achieve it

A Guy
Yeah I’ve just been doing the more common ones because they’re obviously going to come out the way I want them to but my biggest worry is looking like I’m a wanna be hellcat since I bought hellcat wheels and I really like the way the hellcat grille looks since it’s blacked out and I myself am just not a fan of the chrome inserts but I would obviously remove all badging and those kinds of things

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T plus T/A 6-speed Gold Rush
685 Posts
How about doing something different with your car instead of copying what most others have done. Having said that..... I don't have any suggestions!😲

·
Super Moderator
16,029 Posts
How about doing something different with your car instead of copying what most others have done.
It's kind of hard to do this. The Challenger has been in production for 14 years- since 2008. Over the years, I have seen every conceivable attempt by Challenger owners to personalize their cars.

Everyone should just do what they like. I opted for a clean billet look for my 2009 SRT.

Car Hood Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle

Car Gear shift Vehicle White Automotive lighting

Netbook Grille Hood Automotive lighting Bumper

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T plus T/A 6-speed Gold Rush
685 Posts
It's kind of hard to do this. The Challenger has been in production for 14 years- since 2008. Over the years, I have seen every conceivable attempt by Challenger owners to personalize their cars.

Everyone should just do what they like. I opted for a clean billet look for my 2009 SRT.

View attachment 1040647

View attachment 1040648

View attachment 1040649
Looks great because that’s that look that you are going for…….not for me. I was just suggesting that he should go for what he likes not to just copy what he thinks what would look cool according to his mopar peers. 👍

1 - 20 of 37 Posts