Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Scat Pack Shaker and the drivers side light is open to the airbox. I have seen pictures of others that have what looks like the dummy lens in them. Is mine removed, or is that factory? I know I have seen that the other side can be removed as well, but I can't confirm what the factory setup was for 2018 with a Scat Pack Shaker.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
ALL 2015 & later challengers have the hole in the headlights. both sides.
At first the only side left open by dodge, was on the drivers side on hellcat cars.
Passenger side, (and drivers side for non hellcats), was easily removed by reaching inside the headlight assembly from the back and poping out the plugs.
Other cars, like the 2018-19 hellcats, 2019 scatpacks, Redeyes, T/A's etc will not have a plastic plug in front like the intitial ones do, but a bigger plastic cup on the backside of the passenger side headlight assembly, which cams into place and has 2 tiny torx screws. Drivers side on these cars is fully open.
I think your 2018 has the original style plug in the front.
it should be real easy to check.
If you dont have the shiney black plug in front center of passenger side light, your headlight hole will be open, if so, then look down into the headlight hole to the back, if its blocked by a flat black cup like cap, you have the newer style. It can be removed as well.
If its fully open and you can see inside the engine bay, someones removed it already. hope this helps.

Reactions: Pioneer4x4

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ALL 2015 & later challengers have the hole in the headlights. both sides.
At first the only side left open by dodge, was on the drivers side on hellcat cars.
Passenger side, (and drivers side for non hellcats), was easily removed by reaching inside the headlight assembly from the back and poping out the plugs.
Other cars, like the 2018-19 hellcats, 2019 scatpacks, Redeyes, T/A's etc will not have a plastic plug in front like the intitial ones do, but a bigger plastic cup on the backside of the passenger side headlight assembly, which cams into place and has 2 tiny torx screws. Drivers side on these cars is fully open.
I think your 2018 has the original style plug in the front.
it should be real easy to check.
If you dont have the shiney black plug in front center of passenger side light, your headlight hole will be open, if so, then look down into the headlight hole to the back, if its blocked by a flat black cup like cap, you have the newer style. It can be removed as well.
If its fully open and you can see inside the engine bay, someones removed it already. hope this helps.
Yes, thank you. I assumed that since the airbox for the shaker also has the hole in the front, behind the light, that the light having the pass through open was factory.
I'll look closer at the passenger side from the back as well.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to revisit this, and an updated question. "What Challengers have Illuminate Air Catchers" and how many different ones are there?
I have seen these so far, I assume all factory parts
  • Honeycomb pattern
  • T/A
  • Angry Bee (1320?)
  • 50th
Are there others? I would love to put one on my SPS, but don't want to look like an imposter.

·
Registered
2019 R/T Plus Octane Red
12 Posts
Just to revisit this, and an updated question. "What Challengers have Illuminate Air Catchers" and how many different ones are there?
  • Honeycomb pattern
  • T/A
  • Angry Bee (1320?)
  • 50th
Are there others? I would love to put one on my SPS, but don't want to look like an imposter.
I know my 2019 Challenger R/T with Drivers Convenience Group has Rhombi Illuminated Air Catcher® Headlamp

Driver Convenience Group $1,295
Blind–Spot and Rear Cross–Path Detection
High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
Power Multi–Function Mirrors with Manual Fold–Away
Rhombi Illuminated Air Catcher® Headlamp

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,744 Posts
Hellcat

Demon

Rhombi (2019 Scat Pack)

Aftermarket

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
254 Posts
  • Honeycomb pattern
  • T/A
  • Angry Bee (1320?)
  • 50th
Angry Bee is in fact on the 1320. Here's mine that I just took a pic of

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, so is there a factory T/A one as well? I guess I used the wrong name on honeycomb, should be Rhombi shapes...
I may put the 2019 Scat Pack on mine, I love that look.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,744 Posts
Reactions: Pioneer4x4
1 - 11 of 11 Posts