Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best clutch on the market for 600-800whp 6.1 hemi. Im putting a gen III hemi in my 1970 challenger and want to use a 18 spline hemi tranmission. what is a good brand of twin disk and which one is the best you guys recommend

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Spec makes several nice units. If you're looking to stay with an organic based friction material the SS trim is good to 900tq. Several guys on here run it and have very positive things to say. Going a little higher you can get the P trim which is good to 1400tq.

At 800rwhp I'm sure your tq at the flywheel will be in excess of 900. I'd probably go with the P trim. FWIW, I went with the P trim.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a more old school very stiff clutch, check out Ram.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have some but ill post in a week or so. waiting on my three piece ccw wheels coming in two weeks and the supercharger will be here later this week.

Im doing a Passion 5 speed its like the old hemi 4 speed.

I like twin disk I have a comp twin disk in my Type R integra.

I know im staying away from centerforce. I just had a SRT4 and the clutch blew up and ruined the tranny case.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I'm running a custom full race RAM Clutch it even has the feel of my old hemi clutch not for weak left legs BTW I love it :)

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I'm running a SPEC clutch in my Challenger.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
I am runni9ng a spec Clutch also SS trim but I am only at 700 RWTQ A little stronger on the feel but grabs near the top.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much are the spec twin disk. ?

anyone run a mcleod clutch? Passion performance was telling me thats the only thing he runs with his set ups but in my opinion it looks dated. wonder if it performs like old dated technology.

who sells spec for the best price and would they have on to work on a 6.1 hemi with an old style 18spline hemi tranny

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
how much are the spec twin disk. ?

anyone run a mcleod clutch? Passion performance was telling me thats the only thing he runs with his set ups but in my opinion it looks dated. wonder if it performs like old dated technology.

who sells spec for the best price and would they have on to work on a 6.1 hemi with an old style 18spline hemi tranny
I got mine through Arrington, not everyone carries them. Give Don @ Arrington a buzz. If you need his # PM me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts