Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting caliper covers but am on the fence about buying red or matching them to body color - Deep Water Blue Pearl. Obviously, red one's will pop. Maybe too much? Body color is dark, though, so I don't know if DWBP will get lost.

Would be nice to see pictures of what you guys/gals did. Just one more opportunity to show the world your Chally!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I went with the subdued look, Black to match my stripes.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a nice look. Wheels are really sharp so red covers could be a real distraction.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Those look really sharp! I think they would go well with my silver w black stripes car. Where did you get them, RPI?

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
well, I didnt need covers as I painted my calipers red with the Duplicolor kit from AutoZone. took about 2 hours to do all of them.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Those look really sharp! I think they would go well with my silver w black stripes car. Where did you get them, RPI?
I found my best price through CarID. But as a side note the Challenger on them is not engraved, it is a vinyl I had made and applied myself.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Tonyl, yeah I think black would look better than red but painting to match the body color would look sharp. What's to get whiterock? You either like them and put them on YOUR car or you don't like them and don't put them on. Thanks jlg1963, gonna check them out there. DGibson, did you post a pic of your painted calipers, would love to see but just getting an red "X" below your post but would love to see them.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I have a black RT and plan on painting red. But that is intentional as I plan on using red as an accent color elsewhere to boot.

Awhile back I stumbled on a thread where someone was powder coating his calipers body color to match like you are thinking about. He had PCP. Not sure any pictures were ever posted, but seemed like a pain in the rump & expensive.

Here's a link to the original thread: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/powder-coating-factory-r-t-calipers-49188/

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never considered painting calipers themselves. The G2 kit is $100 while powder coated caliper covers from MGP = $300, $320 with engraving. Big difference.

I checked out the thread from nolimits76. Those calipers look fantastic but $700 all in is a little spendy.

Leaning towards DWBP...

·
Banned
583 Posts
Caliper covers can be dangerous, do the right thing by painting the calipers and keeping them real.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I spoke with my mechanic, who also does full body restorations, about MGP caliper covers and he sees no problem with them. When I asked is he'd feel safe with them on his car he said "yes". Just one mechanic's opinion but I trust him.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
My car is Torred and I just ordered the MGP stock red ones myself today actually. For a DeepWater Blue car I'd go with silver, grey or match the blue. I guess it also depends on what kind/color your wheels are.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My car is Torred and I just ordered the MGP stock red ones myself today actually. For a DeepWater Blue car I'd go with silver, grey or match the blue. I guess it also depends on what kind/color your wheels are.
Chrome wheels. Going to take the plunge and order DWBP. Will post pics once they're installed.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I spoke with my mechanic, who also does full body restorations, about MGP caliper covers and he sees no problem with them. Just one mechanic's opinion but I trust him.
I am not concerned either, I know of two guys that have them on their daily drivers in the Midwest for 2-3 years know. No issues at all and they still look great. They helped me make my decision.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts