Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What color engine bay stuff for hellraisin SP?

• Plum Powder Coat

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Brass

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Satin

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Matte Copper

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Black

Votes: 3 15.8%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SP WB - Hellraisin, A8, Plus Pckg, Tech Grp, Driver Conv, Alpine, Sunroof, Spoiler
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought a poll would be fun to see what colors everyone thinks would look best in the engine bay of my new hellrasin SP Widebody. I'm looking at the standard stuff. Catch can, BT under hood kit, fuse box cover, hood prop cover. Maybe engine fuel rail covers at some point.

so what color do you think would be cool?:p

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SP WB - Hellraisin, A8, Plus Pckg, Tech Grp, Driver Conv, Alpine, Sunroof, Spoiler
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
car with hood open, photo taken with a potato (sorry pic quality sucks)

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
353 Posts
Hi,

Pictures of your car might help.

What color wheels, strips and interior, and pick up on the existing contrasts

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Pictures of your car might help.

What color wheels, strips and interior, and pick up on the existing contrasts

Regards,
Jim
bone stock with the dark devils' rim wheels. black interior.

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
I voted for matte copper not knowing how each piece would would look with the contrast of purple and black. Regardless, it would accent/highlight every mod you make with what is stock. That takes care of the front.

WRT to the rear fascia area, I would paint your SS exhaust tips matte black. There's no other chrome looking parts on your masterpiece, so eliminate that finish and set it off perfectly in black.

And of course, you could tint your side markers......but to me, the markers look pretty nice as is in Hell Raisin fashion!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I voted for matte copper not knowing how each piece would would look with the contrast of purple and black. Regardless, it would accent/highlight every mod you make with what is stock. That takes care of the front.

WRT to the rear fascia area, I would paint your SS exhaust tips matte black. There's no other chrome looking parts on your masterpiece, so eliminate that finish and set it off perfectly in black.

And of course, you could tint your side markers......but to me, the markers look pretty nice as is in Hell Raisin fashion!!!
interesting wasn't sure copper would get a vote. Thanks, blacking the chrome tips is a really good idea! I will probably tint out the side markers at some point as well.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts
White ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
723 Posts
I did. Took the tips off and put down two coats of VHT Flame Proof paint. Three months now and not one appearance of chipping or delamination.

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
Image this B5 Blue was Hellraisin. The satin would pop!

Reactions: WBScatPack19

·
Registered
808 Posts
Here's what it looks like............

View attachment 1005074
What did you use to paint your exhaust tips? I can't remember. I'm thinking to powder coat mine. I looked at the Hellcat exhaust tips, and although they look good, they are freakin' expensive! According to the Mopar parts book, they won't fit a Scat Pack, so I'm unsure if the Hellcat tailpipes are a tad larger in diameter.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What did you use to paint your exhaust tips? I can't remember. I'm thinking to powder coat mine. I looked at the Hellcat exhaust tips, and although they look good, they are freakin' expensive! According to the Mopar parts book, they won't fit a Scat Pack, so I'm unsure if the Hellcat tailpipes are a tad larger in diameter.
He said he took the tips off and put down two coats of VHT Flame Proof paint.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
Stock, I'm not a fan of underhood dress up stuff. Unless it is things like cleaning up stuff, polishing stock parts, that type of thing. And I wouldn't go to the level of @A Guy , that is TOO nice, for me.
The only thing I would want to "add" under the hood would be a blower. If it doesn't give you more power, it doesn't belong under the hood.

·
Registered
723 Posts
This stuff works!!!

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,607 Posts
I didn't vote yet because I'm trying to picture what each one would look like. The engine compartment of Ruby (Our 2015 SRT 392) is done in the unpolished billet BT stuff and the standard black BT color with the engravings on them (if you do the unpolished though, I'd spring for the clear coat on it to prevent water spots and make it easier to clean. That's just a suggestion though). I think that the unpolished would look good under your hood too.

Out of your color choices, I'd vote for the black or a brass monkey color because of the contrast that it would give with the Hellraisin unless the powder coat or hydrodipping would be a perfect or close to perfect match. That would be my first choice, then brass monkey, then black.

I had the coil covers painted and the coolant tank too along with the air box, which I'm going to change for the upper and lower Hellcat one that says SRT on it and then paint the lid Granite and the SRT letters red to match the coil covers. I just haven't gotten around to ordering them yet. Just giving you some ideas.

Sorry for the battery charger in the picture. She was put away for the winter.
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
808 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts