Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the overall condition of your challenger when you went to pick it up new from dealership?
Was it in the "new" condition that you would expect or were there signs of neglect (scratches and so on)) from the time it left the factory to the time it made it to its final destination?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
it was fairly clean outside...some swirls on the stripes.....a bit of dirt on the seats that they cleaned off....no scratches or knicks(which many of my new cars did have)..

overall i was very pleased with the condition...mine was only at the dealer for 1 week and w/9 miles on the OD i doubt it was ever test driven

i did see one at another dealership with a large dent in the wheel well rim and tons of swirls/scratches/scuffs....the whole trunk had 2 large horizontal bands of scuffs(like it had straps across it).....definately not how id expect to see a $50k car w/10 miles just off the car carrier that day

·
Registered
73 Posts
The only thing that I can say that was wrong with my 2010 Challenger SRT 8 that I noticed a few weeks after picking it up was that the drivers seat's rear light cargo netting was missing. This is simply a black nylon net thats attached to the back of the front seats. Everything else was just great as far as paint , etc. I did have a problem with one of the GoodYear F-1's and will write a seperate post regarding it. I am also dealing with SMS Supercars regarding a SMS 570 Full Body Kit and willl also post about this transaction / dealings when complete. Rattler

·
Registered
954 Posts
ours had to be brought from another dealer,it had 700 miles on it and had some scratches around the seat belt console area,it was not as clean as i would have liked it,by the time we had did the paperwork it started to rain also.i spent saturday morning cleaning and waxing it,i think it is as clean as it ever has been now.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Mine was how I'd expect a new car to be - not a thing wrong at all. I'd bought from the dealer before and same thing with the other vehicle. First, both were very clean when I showed up to test drive and look at them; second, the dealer went through a delivery checklist while I was finishing up the sales paperwork; third, they went through the checklist with me outside with the car before I drove off. I thought that was pretty good customer service at the conclusion of the purchase.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I bought mine at a small dealership in Oct '08. It was the only Hemi Challenger they had in stock and the first R/T they'd had at all. Therefore it was the showroom centerpiece. It had 4 miles on the odometer and was in absolute perfect condition. The only thing I had to do to it after purchase was change the nav home from MI to AL!

Well, a month or so later while giving it a wash I noticed a small dent in an odd place. There's a spot on the C pillar that looks like a door ding but way too high for that. It had to be there when I bought it, but I never noticed it. I still have to catch it in the right light and at the right angle to see it. They say nothing's perfect so that's my proof. Besides that dent I thought I'd bought the perfect car. I have no complaints!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Mine was perfect....then I drove it....can you say "rock chips"?!!
Rocker panel seems to be most susceptible. Installed Mopar mud guards yesterday...will see if that helps.

In an unrelated incident...you'd think the holes in the Mopar mud guards would line up with holes in liner of Mopar car....NOT!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Bought mine before it left the factory. It came right off the train and on to a car carrier. I was there when it was off loaded. 6km's(3 miles) on the clock.

No damage. Had the foam on the door and spoiler edges. Plastic on the seats. Took pictures of everything.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Mine had 3 scratchs. Two of them will buff out, but one is through the clearcoat - about 3/8". Otherwise - awesome.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Mine was on the showroom floor and only had 6 miles on the odometer. The seats were a little dirty but didn't take long to get back to immaculate. Overall, I was pleased with the condition. It didn't have any scratches or defects.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Bought mine before it left the factory. It came right off the train and on to a car carrier. I was there when it was off loaded. 6km's(3 miles) on the clock.

No damage. Had the foam on the door and spoiler edges. Plastic on the seats. Took pictures of everything.
Lets see these pictures ,living in the GTA see them on car haulers all the time on the 401 but never on a train

·
Registered
988 Posts
Worst job of detailing I have ever seen. Rather than take it back I did it myself.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Lets see these pictures ,living in the GTA see them on car haulers all the time on the 401 but never on a train
Didn't get them on the train, but here are the ones when it was dropped off. They didn't get a chance to touch as you can see with how everything is on and in it.

The Yellow double decker train cars with the mesh metal grating on the side is the train cars they ship them in.

They ship better and no crap from the roads. Also the off loading yard is about 1 km from the dealership I bought the car at.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Here's what they look like.
This is taken from when the train cars broke loose and took out a lot of cars and trucks In Oshawa a few years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
The only thing that I can say that was wrong with my 2010 Challenger SRT 8 that I noticed a few weeks after picking it up was that the drivers seat's rear light cargo netting was missing. This is simply a black nylon net thats attached to the back of the front seats. Everything else was just great as far as paint , etc. I did have a problem with one of the GoodYear F-1's and will write a seperate post regarding it. I am also dealing with SMS Supercars regarding a SMS 570 Full Body Kit and willl also post about this transaction / dealings when complete. Rattler
The driver's seatback is not supposed to have the cargo netting. The passenger's seat has it because from the driver's seat it is easy to reach back there and secure a map book.....or a DVD or two :thumbsup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
When we picked ours up it looked good on the out side and the interior. But on the way home stopped to show it to a friend and raised the hood and it was nasty under there. I raised cane with them and they said they couldn't pressure wash there but like I told them they could have jut rinsed it off and wiped it down. I was really put out with them and I let them know it too. Ronnie

·
Registered
112 Posts
Tip Top Shape

Ordered mine from a very small dealer here in Western NY
I picked it up the day after it rolled off the trailer
Maybe a smudge here or there on the seats, other than that, perfect!
3 miles on the odometer, $500 over invoice. NICE!
The only beef I have is with our weather this year :(
I've had it for almost 2 months and have only put about 700 miles on a half dozen outings and it's snowing again today :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts