Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of changing my head unit. I have the stock UConnect 8.4 with NAV that's in a 2015 Shaker, so no Android Auto. But I like Sports Mode, and hearing plenty of stories on how you can lose the functionality. So the Sports Mode button, what controls that, is it the UConnect programming that's in the head unit? Can you access Sports Mode theoretically without the stock radio installed?

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
the Performance Pages settings are set through uConnect (steering / trans (A8) / engine), so I expect the uConnect communicates to the PCM & BCM to change the parameters when you engage Sport mode via the console switch

[suspension is SRT only]

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,357 Posts
I know on the PCM there are different power request modes which one of them is used by the PCM when sport mode is engaged. But as Hal says, the uconnect communicates with the modules to flag which mode is used.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So...it appears my only option is to stick with the 8.4 UConnect system. Well....poop.

I guess I need to figure out a way to make it happen. Find a miracle with a newer model with similar options to mind or ay through the nose at Infotainment.

Thanks for the info folks, that was exactly what info I was looking for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So...it appears my only option is to stick with the 8.4 UConnect system. Well....poop.

I guess I need to figure out a way to make it happen. Find a miracle with a newer model with similar options to mind or ay through the nose at Infotainment.

Thanks for the info folks, that was exactly what info I was looking for.
I have 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T and installed a UAQ radio from infotainment and works but lost sport mode. Is there a cure. I heard maybe getting a 2016 Body Control Module and having it programed by dealership or someone, anyone heard of this working?

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
The '15 R/T required Super Track Pack package to have Performance Pages along with the 8.4" uConnect.

the VIN has equipment / sales code information that is flashed to the IP cluster, TIPM, Body Control Module and items that also communicate with the PCM.

that's "deep dive" level items beyond what the typical consumer can access

Reactions: 15 R/T

·
Registered
2 Posts
The '15 R/T required Super Track Pack package to have Performance Pages along with the 8.4" uConnect.

the VIN has equipment / sales code information that is flashed to the IP cluster, TIPM, Body Control Module and items that also communicate with the PCM.

that's "deep dive" level items beyond what the typical consumer can access
So if only have sport mode without the super track package on my 2015 r/t, I will not be able to use the UAQ Radio or the RA4 Radio, both 8.4" Radios and have sport mode, am I understanding this correctly Hal?

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
564 Posts
So if only have sport mode without the super track package on my 2015 r/t, I will not be able to use the UAQ Radio or the RA4 Radio, both 8.4" Radios and have sport mode, am I understanding this correctly Hal?
I added an RA3 to my car and was able to turn on the Performance Pages and keep Sport mode just fine. I used both a Tazer and later AlphaOBD.

When I first put in the 8.4, I lost Sport mode too, but just needed to turn on a sub-menu setting to get it working again. Can’t remember which one right now, will need to look it up later.

Too get Launch Control working, you will probably have to change the Chassis Type using AlphaOBD and realign your ABS module. There is a thread on here about doing this with a 6M that should have some useful info.

The nice thing for you is, since you are coming from a 5.0 (I think), you should be able turn on PP and not have the issue where UConnect keeps turning them off.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
564 Posts
Looks like it was the Scat Pack drive modes.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
564 Posts
Hmm...thinking about this some more and not sure why anyone would lose Sport mode just by swapping to an 8.4. The R/T Plus came with an 8.4, but didn’t always have STP, but did have Sport mode.

I didn’t try it with my swap because I was doing it to get PP, but I would have expected that if I didn’t turn them on right away, Sport mode would have still worked. I think by turning on PP, you have to turn on the SP Drive modes to keep Sport mode, but otherwise it should work?

I will have to see if one of the BCM reads people have posted is from a Plus w/o STP and what is set on them. Really doubt it is much more than a BCM setting.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
564 Posts
I have 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T and installed a UAQ radio from infotainment and works but lost sport mode. Is there a cure. I heard maybe getting a 2016 Body Control Module and having it programed by dealership or someone, anyone heard of this working?
Just looked at Infotainments website and they do note that on a 2015-16 using the UAQ, if you have heated seats or Sport mode, you will lose them.

But I remember one guy that did the upgrade and had no issues, but he might have had or turned on PP. Will have to see if I can track down some of his posts.

But it seems to be hit and miss as to Sport mode working with the 2017+ radio.

The RA3/4 seems to be much more consistent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts