Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What day of the week was your Challenger made ? Mine was on a Wednesday Feb 13, 2013. I hope the old story of that you want a car made on Wednesday hold true. You can look inside the driver side door panel for the day built. I saw a you tube video that says it take 24 hours to build a car at Brampton.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I'm an idiot. I went and looked again. Mine has Feb 13. I don't know what I was thinking ! 13 stands for year. I just figured with it being a year model they didn't have to stick the year on it. But I was being an idiot. Sorry for the post.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Mine only says 08/12. I believe that's a month of build only tho. But I'm not sure but I think the window sticker shows the day of final assembly , I'll have dig mine out and look at it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Look for the MDH # at the bottom left of the door sticker...it's easy to dismiss as anything meaningful because there is no slashes in between the numbers...example: MDH 112418 = Nov 24th 6pm

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Do they not stamp the trunk anymore? I believe mine was Tuesday Sept 23, 2008

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mine was built June 13th on a Thursday and completed at 16:00 (4:00pm). They must've really did a intense inspection afterwards because it was ok'd on the 17th which was the following Monday and it was shipped out three day's later on the 20th.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
7 PM Feb 1. It was a Friday. Hope they were not trying to hurry up to go party ! So far so good with just under 4000 miles.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mine was June 3 ( Monday ) 2013 at 10 p.m. It arrived at the dealer Friday morning June 7. It took less than one month from order to delivery. The car seemed perfectly built until somebody rear ended it!

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,122 Posts
Do they not stamp the trunk anymore? I believe mine was Tuesday Sept 23, 2008
I don't think they do. I looked very closely on my '13 and couldn't find one. The date stamp was easy to find on the trunk of my '09.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15,052 Posts
I saw a you tube video that says it take 24 hours to build a car at Brampton.
24 hours of build time. So how many days would that be? Is there 1 or 2 shifts at Brampton? Guessing the dates and times on the sticker probably the time the car reached the final inspection station, the car being built in the 1 or 2 days before.

Mine was August 13th 2012 at 10am. A Monday. That's not too bad I guess. Better than the first car at 7 am. Yikes I wonder when there summer vacation shutdown is ?
Not sure about 2012, but in 2013 the summer vacation was 3rd and 4th weeks of July.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Thursday August 26 2010 @11am

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,640 Posts
Tuesday, February 3, 2009 according to the stamped date on the deck lid.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
April 19 (Friday) at 7:15PM...............I have all the build sheets, even just found the one in the trunk.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just wonder if all the old wise tells are true. I was always told that you want a car built on a Wednesday. Because all the workers were ready to work hard. If it was built on a Monday they were hung over and not a good day for a build. Friday and they were thinking about the weekend parties and not a good day because they didn't want to be at work. But that was when they were all built in Detroit with all USA parts and workers. Not saying anything bad about who builds the parts or the workers who assembly the car. I love my Challenger and I wouldn't let it go for anything ! I waited five years for her ! I am talking about when the cars had points you had to gap and clutches that you could adjust. LOL I think only a few of us remember those days. They were not all good but at least I could work on them with my tools an not a computer.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts