Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard he ran 15'@93mph
is this right or did he run the 1/8mile?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that sucks i was hopeing he did better than last time.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Just saw this, John. When I crossed at 93 mph I had tapped the brakes and backed off. The issue is when I hit 2 bar plus (i.e. over 14.7 psi of boost), HAL's pulling fuel and some other stuff I need so it's like hitting the rev limiter....I have to back out of the throttle. Wasn't an issue in the warmer weather since I'd be low 14 maybe mid 14 psi type boost only at peak (i.e. not up there the entire rev range). And I think this was what was happening when I thought I had belt slip. We're working it, but unfortunately I don't know if anyone else pushing this kind of boost in a 2009+ 5.7 based ECM with VVT. It ain't the 6.1 ECM the tuners been playing with for years.

I did get one clean run in w/o hitting 2 bar and it was high 12's. I didn't realize how slick the damn track was and even though I heated up the 555R's, I spun 1st through 3rd...no damn fun. That was my only run w/o the 2 bar issue.

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Sam go see Richard and have him take a look at your Tune up. I disagree some on the map sensor. SP has the dyno in house and would be willing to help you. Your car needs to be fixed before you bbq a couple pistons!

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
AJ's on it, BW. I'm not sure what to say on the MAP to your point. I can see it happening at 2 bar when I log...it's right there. Right at 200 kPA if I convert MAP to metric. Computer's pissed and absolutely a non-issue at a lower boost level. I've got a bigger pulley to drop me to say 13-14psi coming and I'm hoping I see it this week. If I still got the problem, then you're right but it never crept up before unless the boost was well above 14 psi.

As for the pistons, most def a risk if I go lean. I've got well over 4K miles on them and I've put them through hell. They're the high end Mahles and all I can say is those things are the supa shizzle...very stout.

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Sam how may data logs does AJ Master Tuner need to nail it down? He has been sending you and Speedy tunes ups for 4 months and it's still not nailed down? The only warning a piston gives you is POP! I would still go see Richard and load it on the drums and get him to help you just to be safe. Richard don't run 7's being a idiot trust me plus he is a genuine nice guy and he likes the Dodge Challenger. Good Luck Sam look forward to seeing you dig in the 11's again real soon.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Thanks, BW! I appreciate it.

I don't send A.J. many logs. Mostly, they're for my benefit. This issue only popped up with frequency recently given the cold air. I assumed belt slip when I did have it a few times before so that's why I was headed to the independent drive system. Live and learn...

HemiSam

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
We need some more folks to step up and run more than 14 lbs of boost to see what it takes.

Where's John...lets get that 17psi pulley on your ride brah! I wanna know how a 3bar map does for you.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Speedy I ran 14 psi with my stock motor. The issue I had was the stock fuel pump was not enough fuel plus with octane 93 your limited. The stock pistons cannot take 14 psi long unless you get the snake oil tune up lol!

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Speedy I ran 14 psi with my stock motor. The issue I had was the stock fuel pump was not enough fuel plus with octane 93 your limited. The stock pistons cannot take 14 psi long unless you get the snake oil tune up lol!
I remember that BW. It's not the motor I'm thinking about, it's the tuning. I don't know very many folks going OVER 14.7PSI which is 2bar. Mine is fine but I'm under that boost. Sam has a bit smaller pulley than I do so he's likely about 15.5psi or so all told in this cold air.

A 2bar map can't see the extra pressure so the computer seems to freak out. I've heard going to a 3bar causes other problems for street drivability.

I'd like to hear from folks that have more than 15psi of boost and how they accomplished it.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep Speedy my map just went as you know.
if the belt will stay on at 17psi then we can deal with the map as needed.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
You ain't got A.J. and your car never ran where you were happy with it unless I missed that, Boat. I ain't got that problem. Car runs real nice till I hit 2-bar. The high boost guys are going 3-bar MAP but they all have different tuners and these are the guys getting into the 9's and such. We'll see what ole A.J. comes up with. I got faith even if some others don't ;-)

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
AJ does seem to have a good REP in the field. I'm not trying to Bash you or Speedy I just want to see you guys running strong and being happy, you both deserve that. You have good cars with good engines. I wasn't trying to flame you just wish you were not having to mess with it all the time.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Boat,

It's all good but I don't understand "mess with it all the time"??? I datalog mostly for my own benefit. I got new tunes when A.J. was the first to raise redline on an '09+ 5.7 based motor. First to 6500 and then to 6800. Now I'm the first to hit 2-bar on this motor / ECM. That's breaking ground, not problems :)

HemiSam

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sam go see Richard and have him take a look at your Tune up. I disagree some on the map sensor. SP has the dyno in house and would be willing to help you. Your car needs to be fixed before you bbq a couple pistons!

I think that is a Great Idea. I would love to see someone start over and fix it. Ill Put my Money where my Mouth is. My Vote Ill Send a Stock computer and Predator to Sam and he can bring it over there, Pop the stock box in and Your guy can tune her up and get it straighened out. After Its done Let Sam drive it for 2 weeks in this weather and verify its fixed. Here is your chance all the time YOU all hold on to the predator :)
I already know you have all the answers :spineyes: here is your chance to prove it once and for all to everyone.
A.J.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Boat,

It's all good but I don't understand "mess with it all the time"??? I datalog mostly for my own benefit. I got new tunes when A.J. was the first to raise redline on an '09+ 5.7 based motor. First to 6500 and then to 6800. Now I'm the first to hit 2-bar on this motor / ECM. That's breaking ground, not problems :)

HemiSam
I spoke out of turn to be honest. It's really not my place. The reason I said anything is that I just viewed it has you having problems and that is not the case. Sorry Sam,AJ You guys are breaking new ground.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.