Dodge Challenger Forum banner

12181 - 12200 of 12289 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Took my car to a lift today and torqued the front suspension bolts to spec, properly loaded the suspension and torqued the strut to lower control arm bolt. It didn't make the steering sound go away but the ride feels a lot less harsh than before.

I did notice small damage on the rubber bushings where the strut goes due to the incorrect installation before. I'm glad I fixed it before it got worse.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Couple more weeks till I get the new truck.
Apparently the pizzas you have been buying have waaaaaaaay too many ‘shrooms on-’em. :LOL:
Even if you did order August 8th.....I’m guessing more towards October 8th. :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk Richie ;)

Aaay Guy

·
Registered
28 Posts

1. Removed yellow splitter protector.
2. Removed Challenger grille emblem.
3. Removed R/T grille emblem. Applied 4 coats matte black Plasti Dip. One coat gloss/sealer.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Ordered a NEW Borla exhaust, so many beers on screw it. Car is STUPID quiet with the Corsa/Mopar system. (came with car) car is so quiet I stall it all the time, really can not hear it at idle.

When I buy a CAT Back anything I want to hear the ***** and HEAR folks ***** !!!

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
This past weekend:
Had hood wrapped, and custom vinyl installed;
Painted calipers and hats;
I ceramic coated paint, wheels and vinyl;
Got my front runners mounted and balanced...next weekend there's more!

·
Super Moderator
12,563 Posts
Looking good, tell us the stories of the phrases

A Guy

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Nice job. What ceramic DIY did you use?
I went with Gyeon Quartz products. I applied two coats of their MOHS Q2 ceramic coating (50ml - and I used almost all of it) for the paint, and their Q2 Matte for the satin vinyl.

I used the MOHS on both the clear coated paint as well as the un-cleared paint under the hood and trunk, and my wheels.

After about 18 hours after the second coat of MOHS, I applied a coat of their Booster, which is supposed to increase hydrophobicity and add a year to the life of the MOHS.

The car has been curing in my garage since Monday; rain predicted today, so I'll hopefully be driving it tomorrow, and can then assess my work.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Looking good, tell us the stories of the phrases

A Guy
On the hood, and underneath the fender badges: "Pars Daemonium" meaning, "part demon" in Latin.
On the quarter panels over the Dodge Hash marks: "Hoc Notam Vinces", Latin for "This Brand will Conquer".

The theme is based off of Edgar Allen Poe's short story "The Masque of the Red Death" short story, which came immediately to mind when I considered the 1320 in Octane Red, and interpreted FCA's presser and subsequent SRT engineers as describing it as a Demon masquerading as a Scat Pack (with some literary/interpretive license of my own added).

12181 - 12200 of 12289 Posts
About this Discussion
12.3K Replies
1.8K Participants
[email protected]
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing