Dodge Challenger Forum banner

12521 - 12540 of 12685 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
are we talking 275's? cause those may stand a decent chance.. but with 305's all the way around, im definitely driving my truck the day I have to pick up tires..LOL
No, sir. 245's from my R/t! It's nuts. When it happened I thought well surely I can slide up the passenger seat and slide them in through the door...nope! I like nice things so I wasn't going to force it in and rub all up on the seat and b-pillars...It wasn't going in without a fight and I wasn't going to fight. So one at a time, through the trunk.
I'll bet 275's would be a real treat!

·
Registered
217 Posts
No, sir. 245's from my R/t! It's nuts. When it happened I thought well surely I can slide up the passenger seat and slide them in through the door...nope! I like nice things so I wasn't going to force it in and rub all up on the seat and b-pillars...It wasn't going in without a fight and I wasn't going to fight. So one at a time, through the trunk.
I'll bet 275's would be a real treat!
LOL.. i thought for sure you were talking 275's!! I'm with you, I would think 245s would be an easy squeeze.... I'd be proven wrong wright there beside you.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I’ve been feeling like my headlights were aimed just a hair lower they need to be. So, in the rain, I decided I was gonna raise them a tad. So I measured off my distance and my height of my lights and raised them up about 2” on the wall at 25’. Went for a drive and didn’t get flashed at all but did feel like I had more light going down the road. Won’t be able to tell until it’s not raining but it did feel like it was better. . I’ll see if I start getting flashed a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had ordered a trunk pull strap from GenPartsCo, but had not had the opportunity to install it. I was able to get it installed today and it's a great idea. It's now so much easier to close the trunk without reaching up to close the trunk by pulling on the spoiler. I used a plastic trim retainer to put between the pull strap and the trunk lid so it wouldn't be metal against metal. I cut the trim retainer shaft short enough that it also provided a sleeve that had the same inside diameter as the threaded stud (outside diameter) that holds the tail light to the trunk lid. It fit tight enough that I had to use a small hammer to drive the retainer shaft into the mounting hole on the pull strap. Once I got that completed, it fit perfectly over the mounting stud on the tail light and then I reinstalled the wing nut to secure the strap to the trunk lid.

Additionally, I made a service appointment to get the FCA UB4 Campaign completed this week.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Retired mine from the temporary DD duties after I totaled my truck in July—picked up a new truck this morning.

I put more miles on my challenger in the last 3 months than I typically do in a year.

Will be nice to always have it clean again—going to take a little time to clean it up this weekend-for now it’s back in the garage though and that makes me smile.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
435 Posts
Retired mine from the temporary DD duties after I totaled my truck in July—picked up a new truck this morning.

I put more miles on my challenger in the last 3 months than I typically do in a year.

Will be nice to always have it clean again—going to take a little time to clean it up this weekend-for now it’s back in the garage though and that makes me smile.

Truck pics, mannnnnnnnnn........... :geek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Took it out early this AM for it's weekly drive. Went to the Early Rodders C & C in La Canada. There were 5 Challengers at this event. Someone pulled in with a brand new F8 Green Scat Pack Shacker with the Dynamics Package & stripe delete. It still had all of the factory chalk marks on it and a couple of stickers still affixed to the windshield. Very similar to my car except mine is a 2018. Most notable difference is that the 2018 & 19 20" wheels are of a slightly different design.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did something a little different. Love the orange halos but would have liked them to stay on with the headlights. Can't be done with the way the BCM is programmed. Not to crazy about the aftermarket stick on halos and definitely was not going to crack open my HID units to install the other types. Found some units that happened to be the same size as my DIPS screens. Attached to the screens then wired into the running light circuit.

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT 8
285 Posts
Stared at it all day, parked right in front of my computer...……………….

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
825 Posts
...Found some units that happened to be the same size as my DIPS screens. Attached to the screens then wired into the running light circuit.
It might help some others if you mention what/where you got them. Seems like a nice idea.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Plus AWD
192 Posts
Added American Brothers Design interior knob kit and lock bezels in body color.

Knobs.jpeg

Locks.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
It might help some others if you mention what/where you got them. Seems like a nice idea.
Thanks. I can do that. The halos came from superbrightleds.com The size is 70mm. Unfortunately they are not a plug and play type of set up. The led ring and the covers were two separate items. The wrinkle in the mix was the OD of the LED turned out to be a little bigger than the ID of the covers. Enlarging the ID of the cover on a lathe at work solved that. After that it was just sealing the rings to the covers and attaching everything to the DIPS screens. I should have taken some pics but didn't think about that after the job was done:(
IMG_3450.jpeg

·
Registered
217 Posts
decided to install my sub in my car. Been on the fence about it for a couple months now but went ahead and did the install. I need some shorter RCA's so no pics of my amp install yet. As for the trunk, its just a ported JL Audio 10w6 prefab enclosure. Clean and simple centered up behind the seats.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Got it all cleaned up...Took 1st Place in Modified at the Florida Mopar Show in Ocala Sunday 11-10..
Congrats! That shine is beautiful.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Plus AWD
192 Posts
Picked up some Meguiar’s Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax to try out and have to say it did a nice job. My microfiber rags were filthy when I was done.

Probably how good it comes out depends on how dirty your car is to begin with but thinking it’s pretty good for in between real washes.

Adjustments.jpg

·
Registered
217 Posts
Picked up some Meguiar’s Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax to try out and have to say it did a nice job. My microfiber rags were filthy when I was done.

Probably how good it comes out depends on how dirty your car is to begin with but thinking it’s pretty good for in between real washes.

View attachment 981115

id be all about some waterless wash products.... IF I didnt have a black car. with black its just too risky

12521 - 12540 of 12685 Posts