Dodge Challenger Forum banner

12861 - 12880 of 12985 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I did a goof today. Got too close to the curb when parking.

Pretty ticked off at myself
Damn, I remember doing that the first week I got my new wheels. They're replicas but it still hurt.

The thing that solved curbs for me is putting on wider tires so the sides bulge out a little bit, in my case, I'm using 275s on 9" wheels. The curb just scrapes the sidewall and does no damage whenever I goof up.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Hand-washed it. Who would have thunk that it would be 65F in PA on Janruary 12th?!?! Not me - BUT I"LL TAKE IT! :)

The best part is that it allowed me to wash the salt residue off from when it snowed the other day!! :)

Crazy weather....

Sent from my ASUS Chromebook Flip C302 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
284 Posts
Another rare warm day in the Northeast. Great cruising day and came across an old garage with a cool vintage pump.

IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hand-washed it. Who would have thunk that it would be 65F in PA on Janruary 12th?!?! Not me - BUT I"LL TAKE IT! :)

The best part is that it allowed me to wash the salt residue off from when it snowed the other day!! :)

Crazy weather....

I had the same idea then decided to take it out for a drive that turned into a 100-mile cruise. I'm running out of daylight but she is still pretty clean. I had time for a quick wipe off with detail spray and back in the garage. Gotta love an almost 70-degree day in New Jersey in mid-January.
22FD0572-CEB2-4BD2-998D-315AA2E8F203.jpeg

·
Registered
13 Posts
As this sums up the weekend here in Dallas Fort Worth...

I took advantage of the fall weather that today offered and hand-washed the WB Scat Pack. But, as this is Texas... it'll get rained on later in the week.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Am I the only one that actually prefers the old "yellow" lights for a car interior? To me, the newer "bright white" LED's are just too bright for the inside of a car. I like the "soft" yellow lights. I guess I'm just old. :)

·
Registered
2019 Sublime R/T Blacktop
37 Posts
Got my first dent! 😢 I was getting something out of my wife’s car in the garage. She has those extra wide opening rear doors because she has 3rd row seats in her SUV. Well I grab something off the floor and bumped the door and before I could grab it, it struck my Challenger. I was crushed! The dent isn’t too bad but still I know it’s there. 😕

·
Registered
45 Posts
where did U get the LED's from Z ??? Looks killer.
Amazon has challenger kits from a few sellers for about $15.

For Dodge Challenger Led Interior... Amazon.com: For Dodge Challenger Led Interior Lights Led Interior Car Lights Bulbs Kit 2008-2017 White 10Pcs: Automotive

I’ll say the vanity visor lights are too bright for my taste so I’d try a different seller than what I linked above. The kit came with trunk, dome, glove box and some more.

If you want higher quality lights you could go to diodedynamics, but you’ll spend $100 there for the same (but higher quality) bulbs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got my first dent! 😢 I was getting something out of my wife’s car in the garage. She has those extra wide opening rear doors because she has 3rd row seats in her SUV. Well I grab something off the floor and bumped the door and before I could grab it, it struck my Challenger. I was crushed! The dent isn’t too bad but still I know it’s there. 😕
Call your local mobile dent guy. If there is no paint damage they will pop it out cheap and you’ll never even know it was there. I have used our local guy a dozen times.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
965 Posts
As this sums up the weekend here in Dallas Fort Worth...
View attachment 984759
I took advantage of the fall weather that today offered and hand-washed the WB Scat Pack. But, as this is Texas... it'll get rained on later in the week.
Yeah, Pittsburgh too, it as 16° last Wed/Thur, then 73° on Saturday. I changed my oil since it was so nice out, first time on this car for me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Brought it to a full steam wash (Body and underbody, got rid of some brake squealing) and drove about 500 km today (310 miles) over 10 hours of going to places, man am I exhausted. Been day dreaming about my next mods to it throughout the year while driving.

I'm set on JBA titanium ceramic shorties, Solo mid pipes, unlocked PCM + tuner, and a quality Hellcat replica bumper. Plus carbon fiber interior trim bits. I'm considering a new hood too, would love a Shaker but that one might be too expensive unless I find one at scrap.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Am I the only one that actually prefers the old "yellow" lights for a car interior? To me, the newer "bright white" LED's are just too bright for the inside of a car. I like the "soft" yellow lights. I guess I'm just old. :)
Agreed. However I wouldn't call myself oldschool I just think the $15 LED kit is to sharp of a light. I think part of the issue with most of the LED lights is they are lower quality. I would bet the more expensive LEDs are not as harsh on the eyes. Maybe not, it might vary depending on manufacturer. I have some inexpensive LED bulbs in my house that have the exact look as an incandescent.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I didn't do it today but over the weekend I put Bfgoodrich Gforce Comp-2 A/S tire (275/40R20) on the back wheels. What a difference when launching. No comparison, the stock Scat Pack tires suck. Not sure if im gonna keep the RSAs on the front or swap them as well. The 275s fit the 9" rim perfectly but I like the steering and the quick response of the RSA 245s, and I'm worried swapping will result in a change of steering feel.

Only other mods (I know, tires arent really a mod) are Drake front strut brace and a Matt black fuel cap.

Next and probably the only other mod I'm planning to do it a matt black hood wrap.

Planning to keep her mostly stock for now. Maybe some suspension upgrades down the road. Sway bars and lowering springs!?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Agreed. However I wouldn't call myself ildschool I just think the $15 LED kit is to sharp of a light. I think part of the issue with most of the LED lights is they are lower quality. I would bet the more expensive LEDs are not as harsh on the eyes. Maybe not, it might vary depending on manufacturer. I have some inexpensive LED bulbs in my house that have the exact look as an incandescent.
Good point - there are many different color 'temperatures" available for LEDs - so maybe it's possible to find some that aren't so bright/white.... Don't get me wrong, the white light "looks" nice, but for me, it's just a little to "harsh" for car interior use - I don't want it to feel like I'm under a "spotlight". :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did the Hellcat airbox / headlight conversion for my 15' 5.7.

I have to say that mopar air inlet tube looks pretty darn flimsy and definitely not worth the $60. Should have gone with the AFE I think...

12861 - 12880 of 12985 Posts