Dodge Challenger Forum banner

13381 - 13400 of 13487 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I changed out the factory driving lights bulbs and replaced them with LED bulbs.
Made a big improvement.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
833 Posts
Not today but found out today 85 in a 60 going to cost me 354 and can't do anything to keep it off my record 1st ticket on my class a

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Were you in a commercial vehicle when you received the ticket....or the Challenger?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Were you in a commercial vehicle when you received the ticket....or the Challenger?
The challenger the work trucks barley hit 75... do you know something they don't wanna tell me? I asked does it matter if It was in my personal vehicle. They said no there's nothing I can do and it has to be paid and it's going on my record.... I'm also not 100% sure on the Texas laws..

·
Registered
833 Posts
The challenger the work trucks barley hit 75... do you know something they don't wanna tell me? I asked does it matter if It was in my personal vehicle. They said no there's nothing I can do and it has to be paid and it's going on my record.... I'm also not 100% sure on the Texas laws..

I was of the understanding that there’s two “pots” when one has a CDL.......if you receive a ticket in a commercial vehicle.....it reflects on your commercial license part of it.

If one receives a ticket in a non-commercial vehicle.....it doesn’t reflect on the CDL part, only the non-commercial part.

Take this with a grain of salt. I have a CDL A, and this is what I’ve heard, at least for Kentucky.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I was of the understanding that there’s two “pots” when one has a CDL.......if you receive a ticket in a commercial vehicle.....it reflects on your commercial license part of it.

If one receives a ticket in a non-commercial vehicle.....it doesn’t reflect on the CDL part, only the non-commercial part.

Take this with a grain of salt. I have a CDL A, and this is what I’ve heard, at least for Kentucky.
Yeah Google is telling me nothing for the first time but what was crazy I didn't even see him next to me at the light's fml lol Camaro with the barely visible side markings

"If you are caught speeding, the penalties aren't as severe: The first time you are caught speeding you do not lose your CDL. ... If you are caught and convicted of speeding 15 mph or more over the speed limit a second time, in a three-year period, you will lose your CDL for 60 days."

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,343 Posts

Going 20 over in Arizona is criminal speeding and can result in a lot more than a fine. I'd say they cut you a break with that fine. I don't know about what happens in other states.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Going 20 over in Arizona is criminal speeding and can result in a lot more than a fine. I'd say they cut you a break with that fine. I don't know about what happens in other states.
Yeah before I was 25 I've had a few over 25 tickets but they all where differed idk why they think your over 25 you matured lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
NOTE: You may also be disqualified from operating a commercial motor vehicle if you are a CDL or CLP holder and are convicted of certain types of moving violations in your personal vehicle. For more information on those types of violations and other CDL rules, please visit Texas Transportation Code 522.081.

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
177 Posts
Went today to a body and paint shop to inquire about painting my spoiler satin black or contemplating going black metallic. Didn't do it today but its happening. A matter of when.

·
Registered
613 Posts
NOTE: You may also be disqualified from operating a commercial motor vehicle if you are a CDL or CLP holder and are convicted of certain types of moving violations in your personal vehicle. For more information on those types of violations and other CDL rules, please visit Texas Transportation Code 522.081.

A Guy
So in other words I need to behave for the rest of the yr or I'll lose my license for 60 days if I get a speeding ticket over 15 again

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I would also try to fight the ticket. In my experience, they always at lest reduce the ticket if you fight it. Maybe it will be reduced to a point where it's not so damaging to your record? Not sure how that all works.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Got Launch Control to work on my 2015 R/T Plus A8 using AlfaOBD!!!!!
Perhaps you can reply back and reveal the processes involved with a few screenshots...

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Perhaps you can reply back and reveal the processes involved with a few screenshots...
Post 213

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Popped out the right side turn signal plug. My OCD needed symmetrical balance since the Hellcat airbox install.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My rear reflector tint kit from Luxe arrived today. Such an easy install. Took about 10 minutes total and looks so much better with the blacked out side lights.

Rear view: Driver Side Finished

Passenger Side: Before and After

Passenger Side: Finish (Full View)

Rear View: Both Sides Completed

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
360 Posts
Hi !

My name is Sublime19.

I‘m a stripe-aholic.
As part of the 12 step mod program I removed the quarter panel stripes and just left the old school Dodge emblem. Since I added the window flag felt they needed to go.

EC88A29E-3070-4782-9657-73FD756445F6.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Worked on my 0 to 60 time. I'm new to this but my scatty spins so much I cant break 5 seconds. I started in 2nd gear with the paddle shifters and in sport mode. hammered it and it just spun through 3rd. It sounded nice though!

I just hit 600 miles on it and launch control is now activated but I haven't tried that yet. Seems like it would spin even more.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Not today but found out today 85 in a 60 going to cost me 354 and can't do anything to keep it off my record 1st ticket on my class a

Here in Florida if you have a clean driving record you can go to court and plead “ No Contests“ . You still pay the fine but no points.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Here in Florida if you have a clean driving record you can go to court and plead “ No Contests“ . You still pay the fine but no points.
Well clean it's not I have a speeding ticket back in 03&05 and a few defense driving on my record so I need to call the dmv to ask cuz the number for the ticket was no help plus the price they gave me was like 100 more then the one I saw online

13381 - 13400 of 13487 Posts